• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Corbyn omits income from his tax return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Good on you - a business owner who does not take dividends or loans or expenses but pays NI on everything he earns. My hat goes off to you Atw
    I don't take loans or expenses.

I do take dividends.

And why should not I take dividends from my business? That's the whole point of business.

I pay all taxes on dividends, even though I could have structure company affairs in such legal way that foreign non-UK revenues would go to offshore company that won't pay any corp tax, whilst the cost base and UK earnings will remain in UK, there won't be corp tax to pay here either, that would be totally legal because no UK revenues would leave UK and there won't be any artificial "royalty" charged by offshore to suck those profits out, all all legal.

By the way, Gidiots removal of dividend tax credit means that dividends from UK companies are taxed at same way as dividends from offshore companies which pay no corp tax.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I don't take loans or expenses.

I do take dividends.

And why should not I take dividends from my business? That's the whole point of business.

I pay all taxes on dividends, even though I could have structure company affairs in such legal way that foreign non-UK revenues would go to offshore company that won't pay any corp tax, whilst the cost base and UK earnings will remain in UK, there won't be corp tax to pay here either, that would be totally legal because no UK revenues would leave UK and there won't be any artificial "royalty" charged by offshore to suck those profits out, all all legal.

By the way, Gidiots removal of dividend tax credit means that dividends from UK companies are taxed at same way as dividends from offshore companies which pay no corp tax.
      So in other words you are a tax avoider
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

How is that? Please explain.

Comment

and that is a problem because?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            it is not me that thinks it is a problem it is him
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

it is not me that thinks it is a problem it is him
              But it's you who thinks getting dividends from your UK business that paid corp tax is somehow tax avoidance, please explain it.

Comment

But it's you who thinks getting dividends from your UK business that paid corp tax is somehow tax avoidance, please explain it.
                it is. You could quite easily pay yourself a salary and thus pay your dues

Comment

it is. You could quite easily pay yourself a salary and thus pay your dues
                  On what grounds would I pay myself greatly inflated salary instead of dividends?

Why would other shareholders approve top management sucking profits from shareholders, how would it even work if I get my share via higher salary, and then still take my share of dividends from remaining pot???

Why should I adjust my salary on quarterly basis based on profits and seek approval from shareholders to do so?
                  Last edited by AtW; 13 April 2016, 15:55.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    because DA has no option but to pay full tax

Comment

On what grounds would I pay myself greatly inflated salary instead of dividends?

Why would other shareholders approve top management sucking profits from shareholders, how would it even work if I get my share via higher salary, and then still take my share of dividends from remaining pot???

Why should I adjust my salary on quarterly basis based on profits and seek approval from shareholders to do so?
                      So what is different between what you do and others like Cameron, Miliband, Hodge, Ashcroft etc do? I have an ISA is that OK with you?

Comment

Working...
                      X