• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
    There price is almost double the price you can buy elsewhere....

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold...gram-gold-bar/
    BBP are good, if you ask them for second hand silver you can get it much cheaper. Don't tell anyone though I said so..

Comment

How do you go about selling physical gold when cashing in a long term investment? Take your bar(s) to a local dealer offering a reasonable price?

I often read about how holding physical gold is worthwhile as a diversification of investment. Especially in volatile times when the threat to bank stability and 'haircuts' are as likely as interest rises for your savings.

Hands up who here really has any gold in their possession that amounts to more than a bit of bling? Is there a serious benefit to holding gold or is it for those who also hold more tins of beans than a local Tesco?

Relax, we don't know where you live.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        How do you go about selling physical gold when cashing in a long term investment? Take your bar(s) to a local dealer offering a reasonable price?
        It's not meant for that.

Physical gold is meant to be used as last resort to buy loaf of bread or last ship ticket to get the hell out of before the commies get there.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Free delivery
          If bought via a Sipp it's a paper trail only you never get to see it for real:

"Accounts relating to pension schemes are structured to ensure that only HMRC-defined eligible products are available to purchase and all purchases go directly into storage at The Vault™, The Royal Mint’s secure precious metals storage facility. Delivery of such gold is not possible. Through our Buy Back Facility, all individuals can sell part or all of their gold holding and the money will remain in their Royal Mint account until they advise the provider to return the money to their pension fund.
          So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
            If bought via a Sipp it's a paper trail only you never get to see it for real: "Accounts relating to pension schemes are structured to ensure that only HMRC-defined eligible products are available to purchase and all purchases go directly into storage at The Vault™, The Royal Mint’s secure precious metals storage facility. Delivery of such gold is not possible. Through our Buy Back Facility, all individuals can sell part or all of their gold holding and the money will remain in their Royal Mint account until they advise the provider to return the money to their pension fund.
            How convenient for the Govt - private mugs spend money to boost Govts emergency gold reserve

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                How convenient for the Govt - private mugs spend money to boost Govts emergency gold reserve

Sounds like a scam. "Thank you for buying some gold. We can't let you have it but here are some photos as proof that it is safe in our vault. You can name the bars if you like. Let us know if you want to sponsor any other bars. By sponsoring a bar you are helping to preserve the purity of gold. Helping protect it from ending up as chav jewellery or gangsters fillings."

About time I got on with that plan B idea: "Buy carbon credits from us today. We'll show you the trees it's paid for and send regular photos of all the happy little birds nesting in them. Buy your green credentials today, they're tax deductible."
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Sounds like a scam. "Thank you for buying some gold. We can't let you have it but here are some photos as proof that it is safe in our vault. You can name the bars if you like. Let us know if you want to sponsor any other bars. By sponsoring a bar you are helping to preserve the purity of gold. Helping protect it from ending up as chav jewellery or gangsters fillings."
                  It is...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    It's not meant for that.

Physical gold is meant to be used as last resort to buy loaf of bread or last ship ticket to get the hell out of before the commies get there.

HTH
                    Physical gold is meant for exchange for an AK47 and box full of ammo. That way your family survives, and the ones that bought stock market shares or paper gold don't.

Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Physical gold is meant for exchange for an AK47 and box full of ammo. That way your family survives, and the ones that bought stock market shares or paper gold don't.

Simples.
                      Whoever got AK47 will exchange your gold for your life, whilst keeping AK47...

Guns, ammo, fuel, canned food, 1200 baud modem to access CUK BBS - everything else won't matter.

You've heard it on here first...
                      Last edited by AtW; 28 March 2016, 14:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X