• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This may be intellectually challenging for some, but well worth a read..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sady that remark is pretty spot-on. Nobody knows what the hell's really going-on, they just hope it will just keep doing exactly that.

Economics by fingers... (crossed that is)

Comment

Stephen King is managing director of economics at HSBC

No, he's a horror book author turned.........horror writer of badly written (oh I'm trying to be so clever you're all too daft to understand me) meaningless, jargon and cliche ridden economics-related mumbo jumbo.

Last edited by Denny; 23 October 2006, 18:57.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
        I believe that thinking the BoE setting interest rates is independent of the government is not quite what it seems.
        The bank may be independent, but people who make decisions there were appointed by Gordon Brown - in effect Govt has got control over it by proxy and in fact has got plenty of control.

Being independent per se is not a virtue - making right decisions is, and in case of BoE they should have raised rates to stop house pricing bubble from growing so high that when it pops people will bleed from ears.

Comment

What it all means is simple. Buy another / bigger house and you're sorteeed

HTH

Comment

Everything above Winnie the Pooh is intellectually challenging for you, Milan. I am sorry that the majority of us need more interesting insights.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              Everything above Winnie the Pooh is intellectually challenging for you, Milan. I am sorry that the majority of us need more interesting insights.
              I read philosophy and politics and classics. Yet, I didn't understand a word of it either.

Comment

Denny,

don't worry about Franko he's only bitter as he failed as a contractor and didn't take up the chance to get on the gravy train when he had it.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                X