• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How stupid are agents?!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru

Any discounts for CUK members (so to speak)?
    It fits in quite nicely with my rant about legalising prostitution to get the chavs back to work and reducing our tax burden in light relief

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      How am I deciding what Fujitsu's business strategy's should be? Chill your pants Forumbore - If a company wants to say "we want to replace all of our contractors" then its perfectly acceptable for me to say "contractors should aviod taking a permie job working for them, as we'd be cutting our own throats". Whats your problem with that?

I do have somewhat of a protectionist attitude - but its all theoretical and idealistic. The fact that I'm a contractor should tell you that!

I have values and ideas - which I will occassionally voice on this forum. It doesn't mean I'd actually act on them - this place is more like a talking diary sometimes.
      I'm a contractor, which makes me somewhat of a whore. Beliefs aside, I'd probably still work for them, if the money was right )
      are you Heather Mills?

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
        are you Heather Mills?
        How very dare you!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

How very dare you!
          Indian then? That grammer it horrendous....

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
            are you Heather Mills?

Bores can be divided into two classes; those who have their own particular subject, and those who do not need a subject.
            --- A.A. Milne
            Didn’t know the AA had on office in Milne

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

Any discounts for CUK members (so to speak)?

Typical contractor - always after discounts. You'd probably want a receipt too eh? )
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Typical contractor - always after discounts. You'd probably want a receipt too eh? )

Including the VAT!
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Wonder if you could write it off as an entertainment expense.....

Comment

Depends. If it was entertaining enough, I would put it through entertainment (can't claim that).
                    Otherwise it would go through "daily subsistence" and I would require a receipt.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

And if that was the case would anyone with a wife/husband/partner/whatever have to declare it on the P11D as well?
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X