• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTSE 100 household name

John Lewis or Waitrose?

Comment

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
      John Lewis or Waitrose?
      Neither, I'm not naming and shaming, it might lead to consequences.

Comment

Outside London, £50k for someone with 10 years experience is still great. Think about it, 10 years experience means you're still in your thirties. A professional job doesn't entitle you to a 6-figure-salary!

But if it's in/around London, OK I agree with you.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Outside London, £50k for someone with 10 years experience is still great. Think about it, 10 years experience means you're still in your thirties. A professional job doesn't entitle you to a 6-figure-salary!

But if it's in/around London, OK I agree with you.
          Thank god your just some poorly paid cretin living in some northern dump, not anyone with influence or decision making authority.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I got sent a job spec, for a very senior technical role at a FTSE 100 household name. Managing offshore delivery team, reporting to senior management etc, post graduate educated in computer science or similar, tight deadlines, high pressure role.

£50K pa.

I have friends that are plumbers and sparks, zero stress, easy job, earning more than that.
            I've known blokes who were left behind after the outsourcing happened & given the task of managing the offshore resources. They very quickly get totally stressed out and suffer breakdowns as they are now ultimately responsible for the deliveries, but without any of the usual levers to fix problems

Avoid at all costs
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Thank god your just some poorly paid cretin living in some northern dump, not anyone with influence or decision making authority.
              Thank goodness you're just a day-rate code-monkey, and your entitled detachment to reality is therefore not going to harm anyone.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Here's that all-important Gibraltar posting for my permanent Unix brethren. Shame the wages start a bit low.

Senior Linux Systems Engineer | Online Gaming| Gibraltar Job in

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  Here's that all-important Gibraltar posting for my permanent Unix brethren. Shame the wages start a bit low.

Senior Linux Systems Engineer | Online Gaming| Gibraltar Job in
                  Fluent in English

That's half the posters here ruled out then. If only they had said fluent in gibberish.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Fluent in English

That's half the posters here ruled out then. If only they had said fluent in gibberish.....
                    Fuark yeww.

Comment

No doubt the board of said company will be continually scratching their heads and wondering why their IT is going to sh!t

50k for that job is not even close to an option - and I live oop North

they are not looking for someone to succeed they are looking for someone to fail and take the blame.

Comment

Working...
                      X