• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear : BBC admits its bias

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Anyone who lets their children watch Torchwood, with its bad language, sexual scenes and violence* is, frankly, an irresponsible parent. Hence it is on after the watershed and clearly advertised as suitable for adults only. The fact that one of its characters appeared in Dr Who is neither here not there and does not in any way make it a show for children.

* Everything I look for in a programme.
    Then why give the character the same name as used in a children’s TV programme, why splash "Captain Jack is back" all over the promotional releases? why not use John Barrowman ? or John Barrowman with a different name?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Then why give the character the same name as used in a children’s TV programme, why splash "Captain Jack is back" all over the promotional releases? why not use John Barrowman ? or John Barrowman with a different name?
      They did use John Barrowman, and I should know!

Troll, are you saying Torchwood is suitable for children because it has a character who was in Dr Who played by the same actor? You, of course, can let your children watch whatever you like but I would not let my child watch Torchwood.

Comment

For all its faults the BBC still manages better reporting than the God awful "Tonight with Trevor Macdonald" which ITV is still churning out.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
          For all its faults the BBC still manages better reporting than the God awful "Tonight with Trevor Macdonald" which ITV is still churning out.
          At least Trevor is more representative of the news content these days.

Comment

Working...
          X