• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies asking for 2 references.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies asking for 2 references.

Yesterday evening I got a phone call from an about a contract opportunity.. Before giving me any information he went on to ask me a series of questions, have I done this? or used that? type of questions and than finally told me about the role, then mentioned that he's gonna put forward for it. This morning he called back asking for two references which he said he needs for my application ,
    Is this necessary? I feel I'm being used.

Poor, 3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ss1n9h View Post
      Yesterday evening I got a phone call from an about a contract opportunity.. Before giving me any information he went on to ask me a series of questions, have I done this? or used that? type of questions and than finally told me about the role, then mentioned that he's gonna put forward for it. This morning he called back asking for two references which he said he needs for my application ,
      Have a quik shufti in the Business/Contracts sub-forum.... there is a sticky which might answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
        Poor, 3/10
        Oh and 12

Comment

Originally posted by ss1n9h View Post
          No. absolutely not.

Did he mention who the client is?

Comment

Just tell him you will be happy to give references at or after the interview, if he insists they are needed before forget it there is no job

Comment

No KUATB yet?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...eferences.html

Comment

Yes. It is totally necessary.

Also, please provide your bank card and pin number. And your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
                  Have a quik shufti in the Business/Contracts sub-forum.... there is a sticky which might answer your question.
                  <Ahem> Do try to KUATB Brillo :-)

Comment

If you've been contracting nearly all your life as you say in your first post you will have come across this before...

Crap sockie.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X