• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which of you idiots signed this petition?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    This doesn't make any sense.

If you have enough you don't need to import, it's not the case and you know that.
    We will never have enough because the government is too mean to pay for their ejukation so we just need to import them all from the Philippines and other developing countries. Sod the country they left they can just train some more....for us....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      We will never have enough because the government is too mean to pay for their ejukation so we just need to import them all from the Philippines and other developing countries. Sod the country they left they can just train some more....for us....

Your posts are incoherent , probably due to the "ejukation" system that put sperm in the brains.

Comment

With the lack of nurses that exists in the UK, one of these days the average salary will be 40k.
        I think you will find that it already is Nurses paid rates of £150 an hour to work bank holidays - Telegraph

Which is what happens when you defy markets which the NHS tries to do in the interests of "fairness"
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I think you will find that it already is Nurses paid rates of £150 an hour to work bank holidays - Telegraph

Which is what happens when you defy markets which the NHS tries to do in the interests of "fairness"
          That's because they are missing nurses in the first place. If they have permanent nurses they are the ones put on the rota for bank holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            That's because they are missing nurses in the first place. If they have permanent nurses they are the ones put on the rota for bank holidays.
            They would not be missing nurses if they allowed the markets to prevail. pay would reflect demand which would encourage more to enter the profession
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

missing nurses
              As the worlds third largest employer I can't quiet get the 'shortage'. Surely the NHS is doing too much?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                As the worlds third largest employer I can't quiet get the 'shortage'. Surely the NHS is doing too much?
                The government via the Department of Health with universities and NHS trains nurses but doesn't train enough. The Department of Health decides what number to train ever year.

So even if every nurse that was trained up worked, which never happens, there would still be vacancies.

Does the NHS do to much - yes and no. The NHS with the Department of Health doesn't work hard enough on preventative medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  They would not be missing nurses if they allowed the markets to prevail. pay would reflect demand which would encourage more to enter the profession
                  That's right.

More British start to think twice before wanting to take the nursing course, which I find sad , there is a need like you said of encouraging . There are countries where they need nurses and pay much better, as is the case of the United Arab Emirates and the US. I mean 4 years courses not crap courses.

In IT can go the same way, there are already many British to go to other countries where they pay more as is the case in Switzerland. High wages is good for the state, but bad for private companies and it is these that are paying using manpower outside the European Union that accept low salaries, in addition, it's the private companies using contractors that take part of their salaries that are decreasing the salaries in all sectors.

Comment

That's right.

More British start to think twice before wanting to take the nursing course, which I find sad , there is a need like you said of encouraging . There are countries where they need nurses and pay much better, as is the case of the United Arab Emirates and the US. I mean 4 years courses not crap courses.

In IT can go the same way, there are already many British to go to other countries where they pay more as is the case in Switzerland. High wages is good for the state, but bad for private companies and it is these that are paying using manpower outside the European Union that accept low salaries, in addition, it's the private companies using contractors that take part of their salaries that are decreasing the salaries in all sectors.
                    I want my children to enter the medical profession. To make it easier for them to move abroad.

Unless the government does something to address the ridiculous housing costs.....

Comment

Nurses are temporarily exempt from this threshold, along with PhD level jobs
                      This is one of the saddest parts of this article. When a PhD level job pays less than £35k.

It's all mute anyway, the jobs will be filled by EU migrants at the end of the day. No self respecting benefit scrounging Brit will ever work for measly £35k or less.

Comment

Working...
                      X