• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crossrail 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I watched one of those nuclear bomb programs when I was a kid with the aftermath and I decided then it would be better to be dead.

Always better to be dead than live in the type of hole that would have a nuke falling on it in the first place.

I'm safe unless the enemy want to wipe out a few sheep, rabbits, or pheasants. Hope they know how to spell peasants.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "Ministers should prioritise developingthe £33bn Crossrail 2 line in London in order to prevent the capital “grinding to a halt”, according to the independent body advising the government on Britain’s long-term infrastructure projects.

Funding should be released immediately to enable work on the rail link – which would run from north to south across the capital – to start as soon as the first Crossrail route is completed in 2019, the National Infrastructure Commission (NIC) said.

London should pay at least half of the expected £33bn bill for Crossrail 2, but the development of the north-south rail line should be a priority with benefits for the entire nation, according to Andrew Adonis, the NIC chair."

Source: Londoners should pay at least half of Crossrail 2 bill, Lord Adonis says | UK news | The Guardian

So, Crossrail 1 - no problems with funding, now Crossrail 2 - let's put another 33 bln and nobody says a word against, but when it comes to HS2 then suddenly they are all up in arms

HS2 puts Birmingham closer to London.

nuff said
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Need a high speed link that follows the M62. Five stops - Liverpool, Warrington (to link with West Coast Main Line), Manchester Victoria, Leeds, Hull. Feck Bradford off, nobody wants to go there anyway.
        Is that so they can get the drugs, benefit cheques and deep fried mars bars distributed more rapidly?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
        X