• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well behaved children welcome

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I am sure that list should be quite a bit longer than that. Being with 20 odd feet of a child in full scream is unpleasant however supportive you want to be.
    Reminds me of the time I took baby bp on a plane. He was aged 5 - but the size of a 7 year old. While getting on he totally freaked - screamed at the top of his lungs. I wrestled him into the plane. Most passengers covered their ears.

I nearly said "apologies he is autistic". But people should learn a bit of tolerance. People without disabled kids can be so smug. Autism is war - and if a child has it the whole family has it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Next time you are in a nice restaurant wooing your toyboy on Valentines day and a toddler is charging around, try having sex with him on the table.

There is a chance the parents will object
      . Though I remember a story of a couple having sex on a train - no-one said anything. Until the post coital cigarette.....
      I'd object if you tried having sex with my toddler on the table.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Reminds me of the time I took baby bp on a plane. He was aged 5 - but the size of a 7 year old. While getting on he totally freaked - screamed at the top of his lungs. I wrestled him into the plane. Most passengers covered their ears.

I nearly said "apologies he is autistic". But people should learn a bit of tolerance. People without disabled kids can be so smug. Autism is war - and if a child has it the whole family has it.
        You should have said he was autistic but you definitely don't need to apologise. That way if he decided to go walkabout people would have treated you differently and even helped.

I once got on a flight were this boy around 4 started screaming from when he got to the terminal and continued on the plane. His mother and grandmother were asked if the kid was upset or had a disability. They replied he was just "being naughty." Since the boy hadn't stop showing he was distressed when the plane landed 2.5 hours later I doubt he was "being naughty".
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          I'd object if you tried having sex with my toddler on the table.
          Where should he have sex with your toddler then?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Kids have tantrums its a fact of life
            But how frequently, how badly, and so on are at least partly a measure of parental discipline and control. Not in every case, some kids are just awful despite having great parents, but generally.

There's also the issue of whether you decide your kid being a screaming wreck is something you want to inflict on the world, and if you shouldn't be considering that you have to make sacrifices to have kids - sleep, fancy restaurants, etc. "Why shouldn't I be allowed to do what I want" seems to be the mantra along with "how dare you comment on my parenting".
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              According to the BBC, anywhere seems fine.....

Comment

Being highly intelligent my children are also highly intelligent. If they are having a meltdown, there is generally a reason, like they just logged in and got a ton of Windows updates when all they want is a quick blast on Minecraft before school.

I listen to my kids.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Here

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Being highly intelligent my children are also highly intelligent. If they are having a meltdown, there is generally a reason, like they just logged in and got a ton of Windows updates when all they want is a quick blast on Minecraft before school.

I listen to my kids.
                    Have you heard that you can turn them off?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      But how frequently, how badly, and so on are at least partly a measure of parental discipline and control. Not in every case, some kids are just awful despite having great parents, but generally.

There's also the issue of whether you decide your kid being a screaming wreck is something you want to inflict on the world, and if you shouldn't be considering that you have to make sacrifices to have kids - sleep, fancy restaurants, etc. "Why shouldn't I be allowed to do what I want" seems to be the mantra along with "how dare you comment on my parenting".
                      Happens everywhere now. No consideration for anyone else. Like pedestrians who just walk out into the road under the wheels of my bike - if they want to get hit by 100kgs of bike and human then fine. But the cyclist gets hurt too.

Equally I would like some consideration of my disabled children. And the "normal" one too. Whatever normal means.....

Comment

Working...
                      X