• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well behaved children welcome

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Should have been clearer.

Where I am in London I've noticed the young kids who behave the best when out shopping are from Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Chinese and Korean backgrounds.

On the other hand when they get to be teenagers and are allowed out on their own they are some of the biggest sh*ts.
    And you weren't?

Boy children are generally more of a handful than girls. But the girls make up for it in the teenage years. As I am finding out.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Woman who sits next to me at work was telling how people were tutting at her in a restaurant for allowing her toddler to run up and down. It was Valentine's day. My sympathy was with the other diners.
      You are getting old and grumpy. I like the sound of children. Makes me feel alive.

If I want quiet, I stay home and switch the internet on. Then they are totally peaceful.

Comment

Kids have tantrums its a fact of life
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          You are getting old and grumpy. I like the sound of children. Makes me feel alive.

If I want quiet, I stay home and switch the internet on. Then they are totally peaceful.
          I've noticed that only children in the UK have parents who think it's OK for them to run around in restaurants and cafes.

In most of the rest of Europe including other Northern European countries children don't do this.

It's common sense as you don't want hot food or drink dumped on them by accident by one of the waiting staff.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've noticed that only children in the UK have parents who think it's OK for them to run around in restaurants and cafes.

In most of the rest of Europe including other Northern European countries children don't do this.

It's common sense as you don't want hot food or drink dumped on them by accident by one of the waiting staff.
            That was no accident. I tipped the waiter to do that.

More enlightened places provide soft play areas. Like centreparcs.

All restaurants should provide wifi. That is enough to shut up most kids.

Comment

MaccyD's is one thing. A nice restaurant on Valentine's evening is another. If I were spending £100+ to woo my lover, I wouldn't be impressed that someone was allowing their toddler to charge about.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I am sure that list should be quite a bit longer than that. Being with 20 odd feet of a child in full scream is unpleasant however supportive you want to be.
                indeed it is longer than that but it only needed an example.

John Lewis isn't a temple of peace.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

All restaurants should provide wifi. That is enough to shut up most kids.
                  Don't you have to turn the power up a very long way?

Comment

MaccyD's is one thing. A nice restaurant on Valentine's evening is another. If I were spending £100+ to woo my lover, I wouldn't be impressed that someone was allowing their toddler to charge about.
                    Next time you are in a nice restaurant wooing your toyboy on Valentines day and a toddler is charging around, try having sex with him on the table.

There is a chance the parents will object. Though I remember a story of a couple having sex on a train - no-one said anything. Until the post coital cigarette.....

Comment

Restaurants like pubs and cafes can put notices up saying no children after a certain time. Maybe this resturant would be advised to do that on certain days of the year either because adult diners expect peace or they they will be rowdy.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X