• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damn Sharapova ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You sure?
    Was that question for me?

YES.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Sounds hard done by to me.

She's been taking something which wasn't banned for ten years. They decide to retrospectively ban it, she doesn't realize and gets caught.

Sounds like HMRC to me
      It wasn't retrospectively banned - the final decision was made last September and the ban took effect this January - she failed the test shortly afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
        It wasn't retrospectively banned - the final decision was made last September and the ban took effect this January - she failed the test shortly afterwards.
        Don't confuse MF with fact and reality - you know that's not his strongest area.

As an aside she was apparently taking this drug for years, while it wasn't banned - I always find it strange how many sportsmen/women are taking so many drugs for "legitimate health reasons". What with being world class atheletes and all that they seem to be a pretty "sick" bunch.

Comment

I've reviewed this case in detail, taken advice from medical and legal professionals and considered the impact on the sport as a whole and I've come to the conclusion she should be let off because she's fit.

HTH
          Last edited by northernladuk; 8 March 2016, 18:20.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Aye.

Lots of photos of people I don't recognise but are presumably popstars...
            Bloody hell, a fan of pubescant girlie popstars, which one are you:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X