• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

details regarding the 97% consensus paper from Peter Cook.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    For me:
    1. Consume less. Doesn't cost money, in fact saves it.
    2. Shop local. Buy British keeps jobs in the UK and cuts down on the amount of transportation required to get it to me. This also helps with the local economy.
    3. Shop ethical. How many orang-utans need to be killed to provide palm oil so that soap foams in a way that marketers have convinced people is required?
    4. Eat unprocessed foods. Less processing = less added chemicals.
    5. Eat seasonal. Strawberries in December? Nope. They are in season in June/July. That's when to eat them. Eating seasonal helps with a balanced diet too.

BTW, I don't live by these as hard and fast rules, I am hypocritical at times, but I make an effort to do the above.

I'm not paying any research company, big corporation or government to do them, but I am doing them, not relying on someone else or governments to do it.
    Agree with all that. The enemy now makes separate trips to local butchers and greengrocers.

I think The Matrix got it right; we're a virus that needs to be controlled.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
    X