• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greece You are on your own

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here you go Darmy, try this unless Germany doesn't approve of WSJ.

Migrants Must Be Registered in Greece, Says Germany’s Merkel - WSJ

“A refugee has no right to say I want to get asylum in a certain country of the European Union,” Ms. Merkel said after a meeting with Croatia’s Prime Minister Tihomir Orešković.
    European Council President Donald Tusk.

“Today we are opening a new chapter in our struggle to cope with migration crisis called ‘Back to Schengen’,” Mr. Tusk said in Vienna.

“Restoring the effective control of the Schengen borders is not an easy decision. The truth is, there is no alternative to it. We must face together the humanitarian consequences and the country we must support most is Greece.”
    Oh Dear.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      What about Science, Mathematics, Philosophy, Medicine, Drama, Comedy etc.
      I think there were cultures doing one or more of maths, laughing, thinking, healing and acting before the Greeks.

Anyway history is history, now they are a corrupt Balkan parasitic state.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I agree with sassy. I think I need a lie down.

You have to admit though - it is quite upsetting for the Greek people. However much or little they are to blame.

And its hard to see things getting any better.

So - oh great wise one - when do you think Greece will leave/be ejected from the Euro.

I was going for 2012. Then 2015. I am now going for 2018. Third time lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

So - oh great wise one - when do you think Greece will leave/be ejected from the Euro.

I was going for 2012. Then 2015. I am now going for 2018. Third time lucky?
          When 90% of their economy is cash, in USD?

Comment

Originally posted by Lightwave View Post
            When 90% of their economy is cash, in USD?
            In theory, Greece will be asked to repay what it borrowed. But it will probably end up as a perpetual loan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I think there were cultures doing one or more of maths, laughing, thinking, healing and acting before the Greeks.

If you ever make it to a western University you will find almost every subject starts with a little history and it 9 times out of 10 it has its roots in Ancient Greece. Yes although Pythagoras is known for his theorem, there was a probably a peasant in India drawing triangles on sand but since they never left any written work the Greeks get all the credit

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                On a more serious note ...

Born 1954.

MINA Breaking News - Current Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's Daughter?

Comment

If you ever make it to a western University you will find almost every subject starts with a little history and it 9 times out of 10 it has its roots in Ancient Greece. Yes although Pythagoras is known for his theorem, there was a probably a peasant in India drawing triangles on sand but since they never left any written work the Greeks get all the credit
                  Which ex-poly did you attend?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_mathematics
                  Last edited by sasguru; 3 March 2016, 15:13.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

probably a peasant in India drawing triangles on sand
                    SASGuru's grandad?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

there was a probably a peasant in India drawing triangles on sand but since they never left any written work the Greeks get all the credit
                      I bet they were doing 4n4l too - but those damned Greeks get all the credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X