• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vechicle Exise Duty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW3 series options?
    You mean like indicators and an off switch for fog lights?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I'm thinking about the £140 per year, not the £310. So, you get a car that pumps out 230g/km, instead of paying £1700 first year VED, you save that money.
      Eh? New stuff applies only to cars first registered from 1 April 2017 onwards - you still have to pay crazy first year rate of £1700, after that you'd pay £140 plus £310 because in 2017 a car that emits 230 g/km is likely to be worth more than £40k - 911 Turbo S emits 227 g/km.

My car currently costs £510 and I recon they'd increase it at some point again inline with "rare of inflation", real savings on similar motor would be just fifty quid a year - half a tank of fuel, I am very glad though that they started shafting "normal people" who bought ecocars - maybe they would get a clue that high taxes might first start with those "well off", but they inevitably come down to fook over everybody else.

What they should also do is tax cyclists - £2000 first year registration, £140 per year normal fee plus £310 if they wear lycra...
      Last edited by AtW; 25 February 2016, 13:43.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        What they should also do is tax cyclists
        Make the bastards pay for the shiny new cycle lanes that they don't use and that are causing so much disruption in London at the moment.

Comment

Shoes would surely bring in more revenue? A per-foot charge from the moment you start walking seems like a sure-fire revenue stream!

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
            Shoes would surely bring in more revenue? A per-foot charge from the moment you start walking seems like a sure-fire revenue stream!
            Legs even better.

You pay up or you get kneecapped...

Comment

Legs even better.

You pay up or you get kneecapped...
              That sounds harsh, I was going to suggest a "boot" that prevents you lifting your feet.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                That sounds harsh, I was going to suggest a "boot" that prevents you lifting your feet.
                It's a higher cost option, requires more training for installers and lacks minimum necessary deterrent required in this situation.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  Make the bastards pay for the shiny new cycle lanes that they don't use and that are causing so much disruption in London at the moment.
                  Emm the person who designs most cycle lanes not normally doesn't cycle otherwise they wouldn't put them in the most stupid place possible.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Emm the person who designs most cycle lanes not normally doesn't cycle otherwise they wouldn't put them in the most stupid place possible.
                    They probably put a psychopath to do the job...

Comment

They probably put a psychopath to do the job...

I love autocorrect on phones.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X