• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Rise in UK income tax receipts not enough to keep Osborne plan on track

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    The strongest opposition to his austerity plan comes from Conservative MPs.
    The real problem is that Conservative is silent on his totally non-Conservative policies of higher taxation, in my book it means that they are all guilty.

Comment

Whenever I see him raking the coins out of the wishing well, I approach the small business owner with a white envelope and offer him a deal: the envelope for the coins and his vote. Usually, there’s an increased tax bill in the envelope, but a deal’s a deal!

George Osborne

On fiscal policy.

Comment

Here's an idea scrap HS2. He's wasted over a billion on the plans and wages for the quango alone. A further 80 billion plus is needed. That's a lot of tax or cuts to something. Not to mention they have no idea where the energy to eun it will come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
          Here's an idea scrap HS2. He's wasted over a billion on the plans and wages for the quango alone. A further 80 billion plus is needed. That's a lot of tax or cuts to something. Not to mention they have no idea where the energy to eun it will come from.
          I reckon he'll delay it. It's supposed to start actual work in 2017, yet not much is heard of it - delay means big paper wins for him, and why not, it's due to finish way past his own pathetic polical lifespan?

What he should have done is to get BoE to fund it via "funny money" - that would reduce load on budget and also get some real stuff done with all that funny money given to banks

Comment

Working...
          X