• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Grabbing Dividend Tax Earlier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Well, it makes sense until Gidiot scraps the tax relief at the front end, then tries to **** you at the back end. Basically ******* you both ways.
    So, you've just locked in your money that were promised to you to be tax free in 15 years, but when the time comes there won't be actually enough people to sustain that ponzi scheme, so those who have the highest pots will have to take one for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      About that 1m lifetime allowance.

Snip.

Snip.
      Well, at least MF is safe on this one - the number of sledges he'd have to sell in his tax shop would be compareable to number of atoms in the Universe...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        So, you've just locked in your money that were promised to you to be tax free in 15 years, but when the time comes there won't be actually enough people to sustain that ponzi scheme, so those who have the highest pots will have to take one for the team.

Well, sort of. I've just started the process to transfer mine to a SIPP.

You see that way I can purchase my own commercial properties. I can then rent those back to my own trading companies as Self Employed, which automatically makes the expenses tax deductible and thus reduce my PAYE which means I get a tax rebate. The rent paid, goes into my pension and I can also make additional contributions if needed at a lower tax relief (if Gidiot gets his way). So regardless, I still get a full pension, and at the end of it, I own the properties my new businesses are in, or I get the rent.

One mans cut, is another mans loop hole.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So regardless, I still get a full pension, and at the end of it, I own the properties my new businesses are in, or I get the rent.
          ... or, which is by far more likely, you'd get shafted by whichever Govt will be in power when you could retire.

I am going to use my ISA allowance this year, only because it's reasonably liquid and there is no lock in, but I would not put a penny into ponzi scheme of theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            ... or, which is by far more likely, you'd get shafted by whichever Govt will be in power when you could retire.

I am going to use my ISA allowance this year, only because it's reasonably liquid and there is no lock in, but I would not put a penny into ponzi scheme of theirs.

Which means you don't understand the transfer to a SIPP for Commercial. But hey, ho, pearls before swine, I expect it here on CUK.

Comment

Which means you don't understand the transfer to a SIPP for Commercial. But hey, ho, pearls before swine, I expect it here on CUK.
              Commercial property can easily lose half of it's value, like it did in this country recently. Your scheme of renting it to yourself could be disallowed retrospectively, or some other investment too -

"Investments currently permitted by primary legislation but subsequently made subject to heavy tax penalties (and therefore typically not allowed by SIPP providers) include: [1]

Any item of tangible moveable property (whose market value does not exceed £6,000) – subject to further conditions on use of property
              "Exotic" assets like vintage cars, wine, stamps, and art
              Residential property"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-i...rsonal_pension

-------

By the time you retire there will be hefty taxes on withdrawal of pensions for large pots - they'll probably give tax free allowance of £10k per year, after that they'll tax you at 50% rate, or maybe 80% rate which is likely to be "Super Additional Higher Rate++" at the time.

P.S. Investing into pearls and swines would probably be a wiser move...

Comment

The trick AtW is to make sure you diversify. Government is going to look to fook us over regardless.

My plan is to make sure that I always in the top 1% (not clever enough to be in the top >.1%) ;-)

Comment

My plan is to make sure that I always in the top 1% (not clever enough to be in the top >.1%) ;-)
                  You already are matey and always will be...

Comment

The trick AtW is to make sure you diversify. Government is going to look to fook us over regardless...
                    That's my view.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X