• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Housebuilder concerned home owners too wealthy to buy his crap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Don't tell me that house prices are about to start falling...
    only once you exchange!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      You really think that a government who won't be blamed for something that happens ten years down the line gives a toss about the future over looking good now and getting in next time?

No, I wonder who is going to pay the pension & healthcare bills for the ageing population.

All I see around me in the land of milk & olive oil are pensioners and fathers, jostling for space with the African immigrants outside Mercadona flying signs for food.

This was caused by a housing boom. - And a chronic dose of systemic corruption.

Get on the FR AGP-LBA flight and note how 70% of the passengers are young Spaniards working in Yorkshire in the service industry.

I predict a mass migration of English University graduates on Wizz Air taking up jobs in Poland. The Polish have already started going back.

Comment

Solution to budget deficit - create state company, build more houses and use value of sales to deal with deficit.

Simples.

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Solution to budget deficit - create state company, build more houses and use value of sales to deal with deficit.

Simples.
            Scale back Private Residence Relief, but Gidiot would never do that, would he? Not yet, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Scale back Private Residence Relief, but Gidiot would never do that, would he? Not yet, at least.
              There should be no CGT at all on long term ownership - houses or shares, does not matter, long term investment should be encouraged by the tax system.

Stamp duty should go back to 1% max to encourage mobility.

Comment

Working...
              X