• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In or Out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    I can't see people near the Russian border being satisfied hiding behind a free trade agreement.
    Far away countries of which we know little
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      It's about sovereignty. That's what we fought two World Wars for. Anyone voting in deserves everything that will inevitably follow.
      We fought two world wars because our leaders knew how important it was for the UK to play a key role in a peaceful, stable Europe and not allow it to become a hostile (to us) superpower dominated by Germany.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Far away countries of which we know little
        Still it doesn't stop us bombing the tulip out of them.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Isn't the fact that we have laws foisted upon us without the ability to say no a complete lack of it?
          Name one such law.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            not allow it to become a hostile (to us) superpower dominated by Germany.
            It already is ( maybe not hostile yet)

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              Isn't the fact that we have laws foisted upon us without the ability to say no a complete lack of it?
              Maybe those MEPs (I'm looking at the kippers here) that were voted in could do something about that, oh, I forgot, most of them don't attend or vote the other way
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Still it doesn't stop us bombing the tulip out of them.
                We've bombed Ukraine/Belarus/Latvia/Estonia/Lithuania - must have missed those news articles

Comment

Did the EU budget audit ever get signed off?

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                    You think we'd be able to opt-out of the eurozone if so?
                    Who the feck knows? Anything is possible, it's just a bunch of made up rules. What we can be pretty certain of is that nothing will happen if we vote 'everything is awesome'.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Corporations will still take the cheapest path to resource projects and if that means bringing in overseas workers, they will. All it will do is create more bureaucracy, costs will be passed onto the end clients.
                      Agree 100%

Can't see any reason why more PS jobs would suddenly appear, especially given the current Governments commitment to cut public sector spending.
                      Agree 100%

It will do nothing to address the issue of Non-EU migrants arriving. It won't suddenly make all those poor bastards in Calais disappear or stop them trying to get here.
                      Agree 100%

It will make life harder for UK nationals who want to live or work in Europe.
                      Agree 100%

It will make life harder for UK companies wanting to do business in Europe and reduce the Governments ability to lobby on behalf of UK PLC in Europe. Example - Norway is already in this situation. They are not part of the EU, but in order to sell to EU countries they still have to abide by EU regulations. They have no say over what these might be and no influence to change them if they are found to be excessive.
                      Not sure on this one, the market will still be there and that will be driven by demand as the demand won't change, people will just adapt to a new set of rules and hurdles to jump through

Yes we would save money through not contributing to the budget, but this relies on the money saved being reallocated back to those areas that actually get cash from Europe, especially in science and technology research where we get more back from the EU in grants than we contribute. The UK has a terrible track record of investing in this area and I have no confidence the money would be spent here rather than simply being trousered by the government and squandered elsewhere.
                      Agree 100%
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X