• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Farce Awakens...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    agree with that, however we need to avoid having those at the bottom starve.
    "Everyone loves the taste of Soylent Pies, proudly made in the UK!"

Comment

The tax credits ask 'how may children do you have' not 'how may children do you have living permanently in the UK'. The Polish Guy honestly says 2 and gets tax credits meant to support children in the UK whilst his kids are back home in Poland. We just need to change the tax credit form, those brits with kids living in Spain or France etc will have to claim for them in the country the kids are in.
      Wait, what? I don't get this, are you saying that the Polish Guy working here is claiming child benefit here, whereas the Brit living in Spain is also claiming here and not in the country in which they are living?

Comment

What was it Charles I yelled at Prince Rupert after the latter lost some battle in the English Civil War?

"You promised mountains, yet you delivered mole hills!"

I suspect we'll be hearing that saying more than once in the coming weeks ..
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

agree with that, however we need to avoid having those at the bottom starve.
          Yeah I don't want to be robbed.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Yeah I don't want to be robbed.
            But you're already being robbed, goddam bent-banana thieving, Eurocrat, razzle-frazzle?!*#%

Comment

He hasn't really got a deal has he?
              It's a bit like having a substitution clause in a contract.
              Almost impossible to implement.

Plus what about out of work benefits? That must cost us more.

Smoke and mirrors from a man who couldn't get a deal at the DFS sale.

Next we will have a month of the EU pretending Dave has been tough and playing hard to get then rubber stamping his nothing agreement
              Last edited by ZARDOZ; 3 February 2016, 15:49.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                Next we will have a month of the EU pretending Dave has been tough and playing hard to get then rubber stamping his nothing agreement
                and his colleagues pretending to be Euroskeptic before, now claiming that this such a great deal they have changed their mind.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I don't really see why Europe should have a say in the UK benefits system.

In fact if it was used correctly you could incentives the right people at the right time to aid the country.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    I don't really see why Europe should have a say in the UK benefits system.
                    Under EU directive all EU citizens must be treated equally in claiming benefits.

In countries with a contributory or length residency qualification this isn't a problem.

However the lying governments of the UK, past and present, refuse to put residency length requirements in the various benefits legislation as they think there will be a backlash.

So it's not the EU telling us what to do it's the politicians who govern us being too thick to think of residency rules that would allow 95% of British citizens qualify but 95% of new EU arrivals not to.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Under EU directive all EU citizens must be treated equally in claiming benefits.

In countries with a contributory or length residency qualification this isn't a problem.
                      The benefits vary so wildly. It is not a fair deal for the UK, Sweden etc and a pretty excellent deal for everyone else.

For those EU people working as an 'autonomo' (us contractors [for sake of argument I'll pretend I still am one]) in Spain over the past years the deal was not good. Pay full whack income tax & social security benefits for several years and receive your unemployment benefits of €0.

Recently to appease the EU for additional contributions of 14€ the autonomo can claim around 589€ for a limited time, between 2 and 12 months depending on how long the additional contributions have been made. But you cannot claim if you end your business "voluntarily"; the system is new so it is uncertain how voluntary will be defined in this context. Lose your only client? Look for another one.

Then watch your health cover disappear within 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                      X