• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carlsberg don't do IT contracts....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenophon
    Ah yes, but have you got a small chopper? IR35 Avoider has and I understand that DimPrawn is getting one too.
    For all my travelling I have a Jumbo Chopper
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
      Fly to Madrid Sunday for a week to install a system, all expenses paid

The week after fly to the UK for a coulpe of days for meetings and a conference, all expenses paid

After that I'm off to Poughkeepsie to IBM for a residency (to write a redbook) for 2 weeks, all expenses paid

Then back to the UK for a week to install another system, all expenses paid

Not too bad methinks
      So what's the redbook on?

Most of my contracts have been boring and dull, though the current one has more than it's fair share of eye-candy hanging out in the office

My best job was a (sort of) permie one - two and a half years in Bermuda
      Last edited by hattra; 18 October 2006, 18:55.
      Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        £400/day.

Anyone got a better contract at the moment?
        Blimey! Things aren't going that well for .net people. Oh, well, you can always try to cross-train to SAP.

Bye bye flashy car I am afraid....
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

True, £400/day for sitting at home surfing the net, visiting the gym and sitting in the garden is pretty ropey really.

Comment

£450 a day for attending the 'internet cafe' seven hours a day.

Coffee is rubbish though
            Cats are evil.

Comment

150/day.

I go in, get arsed raped by everybody.

2 hours + commute each day.

No fit women.

HTH

Comment

Somewhere in the middle.

350/day good week "work from home" all week. Bad week 4 days in office.

Left to my own devices mostly. Probably a days worth of actual work needed per week.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

IBM, 6 months, £350pd, work from home. The day after I started the PM left and the replacement got sacked so they forgot I existed. I didn't have an employee number so nobody was interested. After 2 months I took on another contract and ran both concurrently.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by hattra
                    So what's the redbook on?

Can't say, don't really know as I had to sign an NDA for it. As IBM have their big NDA meeting that week as well with all the partners and PWD members I expect its going to be to do with the next releases of their mainframe OS'es.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Well I'm on 200/day to go to 1 hour tours of local facilities this week.

For the next month I'm on a fact finding trip round europe, 4 weeks of getting pissed every night.

And this is my first contract, how rubbish is that. I can't peak with the first one it'll be all downhill from there.

Comment

Working...
                      X