• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much time do you spend on LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    Linkedin going down the pan imo another friendsreunited.
    Revenue for Q2'15 was $712 million, an increase of 33% compared to the same quarter last year; and on a constant currency basis an increase of 38% compared to the same quarter last year.

With 380 million members I don't think it is

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Erm.. How did you find this out??
      I did a reverse image search, and the page that had the same image was on a website for prostitutes in Victoria.

It wasn't hard
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

How much time do you spend on LinkedIn - A lot less when I found out that they were harvesting contact details from my phone.

I had the phone app installed - and have used it from time to time.

About a month ago, I added a new phone contact into the phone's directory.

A few weeks later, I got one of those "people you may know" e-mails which had the name of the person I had put in the phone.

It wasn't the same person though - just someone with the same name. The person I know with that name isn't on LinkedIn.

The contact I placed in the phone was completely isolated in a professional/social sense from the rest of my network (no, it wasn't a hooker, dominatrix etc.) - so there is no way that LinkedIn could have inferred them from the rest of my connections. I had never searched for that person online in any way.

Turns out in the T&Cs of the phone app, they do read your phone contact details - in order to 'help' you build up your connections on LinkedIn.

I have now uninstalled the phone app - and now access LinkedIn with maximum privacy settings.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I did a reverse image search, and the page that had the same image was on a website for prostitutes in Victoria.

It wasn't hard
          So what creeped her out more, I wonder.

a) Finding that her picture is on the prostitutes site
          b) That you reverse image searched her

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            So what creeped her out more, I wonder.

a) Finding that her picture is on the prostitutes site
            b) That you reverse image searched her
            On the assumption that she doesn't exist (the image is also on stock image websites and elsewhere, I don't think he was creeped out at all.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X