• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    They can't skip a generation anyway. When the Queen dies, Charles becomes King immediately (assuming he's still alive). He might choose to abdicate in favour of William, though by all accounts he has no intention of doing so, but the simple fact is that he will become King. It's hereditary, not a matter of choice like the election of a new chairman to the board where the expected candidate can be passed over.
    The line of succession is determined by laws, and these laws can be changed (as was done her recently when female heirs took their place in front of younger males) all it requires is Her Majesty to dictate that divorcees cannot inherit the crown and William jumps up one place, this then needs to be agreed by all 16 countries, if not a strange situation exists where the throne passes to one person in one country and someone else in another which happened in 1837 when Victoria assessed to the UK throne but was illegible from claiming the throne of Hanover as it barred women.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      The line of succession is determined by laws, and these laws can be changed (as was done her recently when female heirs took their place in front of younger males) all it requires is Her Majesty to dictate that divorcees cannot inherit the crown and William jumps up one place, this then needs to be agreed by all 16 countries, if not a strange situation exists where the throne passes to one person in one country and someone else in another which happened in 1837 when Victoria assessed to the UK throne but was illegible from claiming the throne of Hanover as it barred women.
      But if she's going to pop her clogs before New Year to make it into the books for 2016, they haven't got time for all that lawmaking nonsense so Charles wins.

Comment

Reports now that Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher's mum, has been taken to hospital with a suspected stroke

Comment

Reports now that Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher's mum, has been taken to hospital with a suspected stroke
          There is another.

Come on In Donald Trump, you're time is up.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            There is another.

Not so fast ... tomorrow belongs to me

Comment

RIP Debbie Reynolds.

Debbie Reynolds Dead at 84 | TMZ.com

Comment

FOOK, terrible

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  Bugger

I'd been planning on watching Singin' In The Rain some time soon, as I haven't seen it in years and bought the DVD a while back. Might pop it on this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    There is another.

HUH?! I thought you were a big fan of the Donald!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Debbie Reynolds, another legend that left this world.

2016 should be banned from the calendar.

Comment

Working...
                      X