• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Implications of walking out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressive

It's all a damn shame cos the job is good, plus the perm peeps here are Ok too, which makes a nice change.

Comment

If you push it, regressive will revert to a paper based system
      Me, me, me...

Comment

DON'T PANIC, DON'T GET MAD

Take a few deep breaths...

The way to deal with this is quite simple. Don't walk just yet...If you do you really do risk losing your money.

So get a timesheet filled out and signed by the client TODAY send it in, with an invoice, give them 7-14 days to pay, or whatever it is that is stipulated in your contract. You can now breathe a sigh of relief as you will get paid, unless the agency is about to go bankrupt, which I doubt.

Now just go through the normal legal process of demanding money. ultimately through the courts. With a signed timesheet this is a formality.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Have you opted in or out of the employment regulations. If opted in then surely timesheet does not have to be signed to get paid.
          Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns.

Comment

wan't given a choice in the sense that the contract was marked as 'opt out'

Told Progressive that I wanted 'opt in'...but they started moaning... and I was so keen on the job, working on designing the new 'on demand' infrastructure for ITV that I just accepted the opt out.

foolish eh?

Comment

Their approach to opt in/opt out might be challenged in court. What you have is winnable in court in any case - the real question is how to get your money with least risk to lose your pretty well paying contract, but I think you did more than anyone can reasonable expect without resorting to the law to protect your interest - make final approach and threaten to sue them, if nothing happens then talk to solicitor and take it from there - meanwhile keep working as is because it would clock up your rate anyway and if agency is big then you might as well sue for more money rather than less.

Comment

Rather than go straight to legal action, can you not have a sensible discussion with the agency account manager (or finance manager). After all, without signed timesheets the agency has no basis for billing the client (and if they did so it would likely be fraudulent) so everyone loses out, including the recruiters who won't get their commission. Do you know why you can't get a login to the agency's system?
                Only the mediocre are ever at their best

Comment

Ps

.. if that fails have another word with the client, or his procurement manager, explain the problem and they might let you go direct or move to another agency, especially if the client has not signed a contract either.
                  Only the mediocre are ever at their best

Comment

Expect it from those muppets! It took 2 months for a signed contract to appear through another S3 drone on my last gig. In fact I actually just walked at the end without renewing because I was so disgusted at them and am searching for new stuff now.

The client appeared on my doorstep this morning moaning believe it or not because it left them in the sh*t! How unprofessional!

We can't let them get away with it.
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
                      Told Progressive that I wanted 'opt in'...but they started moaning... and I was so keen on the job, working on designing the new 'on demand' infrastructure for ITV that I just accepted the opt out.

foolish eh?
                      Is that out at ipswich ?? Progressive contacted me about it, turned it down.
                      SA says;
                      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X