• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been to Heston's Dinner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Great food. None of the experimental stuff.
    Service was good - not too ponsy like some resturants but quite stuffy as you would expect.
    The meatfruit was nice.
    I heard that was the best bit of it all.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I thought we might as well take the opportunity to do something nice as we pass through London on the home from my mum's funeral.

When my mother passed away I didn't feel like eating. Enjoy!

Comment

More stars the restaurants have, bigger are the plates and portions smaller with a fancy dollop of something

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
          More stars the restaurants have, bigger are the plates and portions smaller with a fancy dollop of something
          Absolutely. Any mention of the dreaded word "Michelin" is enough for me to avoid a place!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

From TripAdviser (restaurant rated low, 1 out of 5)..
            Summary: Average food, high prices, rushed service to get you in-out as quickly as possible ("what's the cattle count tonight?")

"a bout of food poisoning that followed. Both my friend and I suffered from it"
            "Would recommend avoiding this restaurant on the basis of poor food hygiene."
            "The food is okay, but no more than that."
            "I left feeling I had been duped by the hype."
            "For my main I ordered steak, which I found very average"
            "Service: rushed"
            "the scallops weren't very good."
            "we ended up feeling rushed so that they could recycle tables"
            "I did not find the food spectacular"

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
              From TripAdviser (restaurant rated low, 1 out of 5)..
              Summary: Average food, high prices, rushed service to get you in-out as quickly as possible ("what's the cattle count tonight?")

"a bout of food poisoning that followed. Both my friend and I suffered from it"
              "Would recommend avoiding this restaurant on the basis of poor food hygiene."
              "The food is okay, but no more than that."
              "I left feeling I had been duped by the hype."
              "For my main I ordered steak, which I found very average"
              "Service: rushed"
              "the scallops weren't very good."
              "we ended up feeling rushed so that they could recycle tables"
              "I did not find the food spectacular"
              I've never found anywhere that doesn't have a review like that. I like that TA lets you see someone's review history so you can see if all they do is whine.

It's also amusing that they 'know' the restaurant is where they got food poisoning. Not the kebab they had the night before, etc.

DP: you didn't eat for 3 weeks after she died? Seems a bit silly.

For lunch it sounds like you get as long as you want (until 5pm anyway)
              Last edited by d000hg; 7 January 2016, 16:25.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                No help whatsoever without a review
                But the Travelodge at the services is a handy place to stay for contracting out west. Basic Travelodge rooms but at £21/night, it's great value!
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                X