• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK EU in/out or shake it all about poll - 2nd attempt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK EU in/out or shake it all about poll - 2nd attempt

According to every comment or right wing (not the BBC) media outlet the majority of the UK electorate is backing an exit from the EU. What does cUK think? Perhaps many of you don't have business with the EU, so a Brexit is no big deal.

To quote John Major (I'm no fan):

"The UK would not be better able to control immigration, nor would it make the UK Parliament more sovereign because to trade with the EU "we would have to accept its regulations,"

It's a good point, why does the UK electorate believe illegal immigrants heading to the UK will give up at Dunkirk on a EU exit?

And indeed, regarding trade regulations. The press is keen to bang on about how great Norway has a trading relationship, like the Swiss. It's an excellent point with one minor drawback. Both of those countries are rich, the UK is bankrupt. The pressure we'd put on small businesses would be immense.

Poll to follow...
    The UK should leave the EU.
    50.00%
    The UK should stay in the EU.
    41.67%
    The EU should reform to the UK wishes.
    8.33%
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

No Andyw option #PollFail
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What I've heard so far is:
      Scotland wants to stay in
      Wales wants to stay in
      NI wants to stay in
      England wants to leave

The problem is that all politicians are liars and the media help spread their lies so we don't know what to believe.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Poll fail. I agree with 2 & 3.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          What I've heard so far is:
          Scotland wants to stay in
          Wales wants to stay in
          NI wants to stay in
          England wants to leave

The problem is that all politicians are liars and the media help spread their lies so we don't know what to believe.
          That is because (and no disrespect to Wales, NI, and Scotland) they would be insignificant without a strong big brother to look after them. England is strong enough to go it alone (it would be hard, damn hard) but England could do it.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

We will be asked to vote until we vote to stay in.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              This. Sadly.
              The EU is a bureaucratic dictatorship we should be no part of. Democracy is a poor system but it's about as good as we can hope for. The EU is not democratic.
              I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Is that why we have 2 threads about this already?

Comment

This is what will happen:

A minority will vote to leave, but because the people who want change are much more motivated to vote than those that just want to be left alone the out campaign will win. A great day for democracy.

The politicians realising that losing any trade with the EU would be a disaster will sign us up to something akin to Norway, meaning we still have freedom of movement, still pay the same into the EU budget and still are subject to all of Brussels' rules and regulations. Except we now have less influence to change them.

The Kippers will all cry foul, unjustifiably as they failed to define what "out" really means, and everybody else will just see the whole thing as a complete and utter ******* waste of time and money and be even more disillusioned with politicians than they were already.

The only good thing to come out of it is Farrage being out of a job as there won't be any more British MEPs.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Didn’t they do that with the Danish and Irish?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X