• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK EU in/out or shake it all about poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK EU in/out or shake it all about poll

According to every comment or right wing (not the BBC) media outlet the majority of the UK electorate is backing an exit from the EU. What does cUK think? Perhaps many of you don't have business with the EU, so a Brexit is no big deal.

To quote John Major (I'm no fan):

"The UK would not be better able to control immigration, nor would it make the UK Parliament more sovereign because to trade with the EU "we would have to accept its regulations,"

It's a good point, why does the UK electorate believe illegal immigrants heading to the UK will give up at Dunkirk on a EU exit?

And indeed, regarding trade regulations. The press is keen to bang on about how great Norway has a trading relationship, like the Swiss. It's an excellent point with one minor drawback. Both of those countries are rich, the UK is bankrupt. The pressure we'd put on small businesses would be immense.

Poll to follow...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Personally I feel we need to get out. As for trade; nothing stopping us trading with them at all. I also think this would give Stirling a big boost as it did for the Irish before they were forced voted in.
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
      Personally I feel we need to get out. As for trade; nothing stopping us trading with them at all. I also think this would give Stirling a big boost as it did for the Irish before they were forced voted in.
      I take it you're not English or would tourism in Scotland take off
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I take it you're not English or would tourism in Scotland take off
        D'oh!

Oh well, it might.
        I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          why does the UK electorate believe illegal immigrants heading to the UK will give up at Dunkirk on a EU exit?
          Illegal migrants are a pretty small proportion of total migration.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Illegal migrants are a pretty small proportion of total migration.
            And pretty much **** all to do with being an EU member state.
            I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
              And pretty much **** all to do with being an EU member state.
              Actually if we weren't in the EU France would find away to get more on our side.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Actually if we weren't in the EU France would find away to get more on our side.
                Catapult
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Catapult
                  Don't give them ideas
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

TFA

Yes I think an EU exit is a good idea.

I'm just not sure if I should fly to the US or Canada

Advice?
                    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Working...
                    X