• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zeitghost = OrangeHopper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
    Romanes eunt domu.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Hey Franco, did you get your rabbit for Saturday lunch? I picked one up at the Wimbledon Farmers' market for £4 and made a beautiful coniglio con aceto last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        Hey Franco, did you get your rabbit for Saturday lunch? I picked one up at the Wimbledon Farmers' market for £4 and made a beautiful coniglio con aceto last night.
        Didn't have time... oh well, next saturday...
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          No, it isn't.

It should be "Is that better, sir?". I am not a knight of the realm and it's vocative, boy, vocative.
          Lucifer Box = Fleetwood
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            Romanes eunt domu.
            Erm, it was Domus in LoB. Domus catches many out being one of those freak nouns having a locative, yet feminine, but looks like a 2nd declension masculine, except that it sometimes acts like it might have also had a nasty accident with a fourth declension.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Erm, it was Domus in LoB. Domus catches many out being one of those freak nouns having a locative, yet feminine, but looks like a 2nd declension masculine, except that it sometimes acts like it might have also had a nasty accident with a fourth declension.

HTH

It should be Romani ite domum.

Now, write it out a hundred times!

Comment

WE REALLY believe you look like Al Pacino
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Didn't have time... oh well, next saturday...
                  I go there most Saturdays so if you see a buff, young and impossibly handsome IT contractor there it's probably not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    Lucifer Box = Fleetwood
                    Did he go to an all boys grammar school as well?

Comment

Romanes eunt domu.
                      threaded is right of course - domus. People called Romanes they go the house.

I bought the DVD last week. Had its moments but wasn't as funny as I thought. Which reminded me that when I first saw it, it wasn't as funny as I expected.

Comment

Working...
                      X