• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally.

Meanwhile, thousands are on the streets of Paris, with some already hailing the talks as a great victory for the international community.
    Paris climate change deal LIVE - final draft agreement released and would keep temperature rises 'well below' 2C - Telegraph
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

So to save me reading it, how many brown people did they decide should die in order to keep the co2 emissions down?

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      So to save me reading it, how many brown people did they decide should die in order to keep the co2 emissions down?
      Good point - did the 3rd World get told not to reproduce to save the planet - or was has it all been heaped on developed countries ?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The COP talks in Paris are a fraud. everyone knows that
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

CBA to read it all, so a quick question - will I still be able to buy V12 motor?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            CBA to read it all, so a quick question - will I still be able to buy V12 motor?
            Yep.

As long as you don't fly and plant enough trees so Bangladesh, Cumbria and Somerset stop getting flooded.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              The COP talks in Paris are a fraud. everyone knows that
              James Hansen, father of climate change awareness, calls Paris talks 'a fraud' | Environment | The Guardian

In terms of what was politically possible, the outcome is a miracle. Compared to what is needed, a disaster.

Comment

Hansen calls it a fraud.
                No one is more qualified than him to comment on fraud
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                  James Hansen, father of climate change awareness, calls Paris talks 'a fraud' | Environment | The Guardian

In terms of what was politically possible, the outcome is a miracle. Compared to what is needed, a disaster.
                  I guess in 5 years or so, if nothing catastrophic has happened, then the whole thing will finally be shown to be a fraud.

Then I suppose all the people I've called a bunch of ***** will turn around and pretend they never said the things they said.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                    I guess in 5 years or so, if nothing catastrophic has happened, then the whole thing will finally be shown to be a fraud.

Then I suppose all the people I've called a bunch of ***** will turn around and pretend they never said the things they said.
                    Except you cannot name anyone who predicted a climatic catastrophe in 2020.

Plenty of ******ers round here though. Hey ho, lots to celebrate, a better outcome than nearly anyone forecast.

Comment

Working...
                    X