• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget
    most of these cretins have been saying for years, that 2 degrees are 'locked in'
    i.e. if we all lived in caves, we would get 2 degrees anyway.

most of these cretins (pj included) have said we already had one degree this year already

so a deal to limit the planet to 2 degrees already sounds like b*llocks

conmen, liars, shysters and frauds. the lot of them
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

A group of rich men in Paris decide to spend other people's money in a bid to control the worlds temperature.

Great

Comment

Sadly the truth of this charade won't been seen for decades; long after a global government has been foisted on humanity by these people. In time this crime will surpass even the banks.
        I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Meanwhile in the real world.

Global oil demand growing at fastest pace for five years: Kemp | Reuters

What you'll see in the next few years is the development of two parallel worlds. In one of the worlds jounalists will be proclaiming the death of fossil fuels and talking about their new electric car and in the other the Oil companies will be posting bigger and bigger revenues.

I think this is probably a good compromise, you can either choose to pay a fortune for an electric car and not fly on holiday and feel good about the articles proclaiming the death of fossil fuels, or you can just carry on as before.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            , or you can just carry on as before.
            Don't be silly. We are the masters now. World Government starts Monday, red meat and long haul flights are now illegal and we'll be round to collect your 4x4 in the morning. Enjoy your new bicycle.
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              Don't be silly. We are the masters now. World Government starts Monday, red meat and long haul flights are now illegal and we'll be round to collect your 4x4 in the morning. Enjoy your new bicycle.
              I wish this was funny.
              I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

In other news

Nissan´s profits surge as world leaders adopt the Leaf in favour of Lincolns, Mercedes and Jaguars.

I was in the US a short while ago while a climate conference was taking place at the Mandalay Bay.

I am sure the irony of Obama and his entourage flying in on a 747 and several other support aircraft to attend was not lost on the other attendees.

EditÑ This is the one http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/aug...-mandalay-bay/

He arrived in a 747 to give the keynote at the Clean Energy Summit.
                Last edited by clearedforlanding; 13 December 2015, 12:22.

Comment

Take a look at the title of this thread.

Take a look at the last character, it's a full stop.

Take a look at how many posts pj has made (2,345)

That full stop is about 0.0016% of the characters he has ever typed, the same proportion of man made CO2 in the atmosphere

Now I admit it is an important and impressive full stop. But I don't see it raising the temperature of all his other stuff by 2 degrees centigrade
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Have they requested that cows stop eating and farting? This is the elephant in the room.

Deforestation for pasture = less CO2 absorption.
                    Eating yummy hamburgers and steaks = more CH4 emission

C42 traps up to 100 times more heat in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide within a 5 year period, and 72 times more within a 20 year period.

American people*, you are large enough. Please stop eating hamburgers so the trees can help clear the CO2 and there are less cows to fart out CH4 which only hangs around for 10 years.

*and various other people of the world.
                    Last edited by clearedforlanding; 13 December 2015, 19:42.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                      C42 traps up to 100 times more heat in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide within a 5 year period, and 72 times more within a 20 year period.
                      That's not the consensus and such views are dangerous and should be criminal.
                      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
                      X