• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earliest call from an agent??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really didn't know that people took calls from agents. I have always put a prepaid phone number (and not bother putting the sim in a phone) on my CV and my email address. I had assumed many people did the same.

The

Dear Mr Clearedfor,

I have tried contacting you by telephone about the following role, but am unable to reach you, could you email me your number or be so kind as to give me a telephone call to discuss it

email,is often, but not always, quite a good filter.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      I really didn't know that people took calls from agents. I have always put a prepaid phone number (and not bother putting the sim in a phone) on my CV and my email address. I had assumed many people did the same.

The

Dear Mr Clearedfor,

I have tried contacting you by telephone about the following role, but am unable to reach you, could you email me your number or be so kind as to give me a telephone call to discuss it

email,is often, but not always, quite a good filter.
      I tend to allow them to leave me a message on my mobile, most of the time only decent agents call me, I've had a few dodgy ones, but on the whole, the get me work.

Comment

Well, that was an interesting experience - I could not understand most of what was said due to the heavy accent.

However, it has now progressed onto a chat at 12:30pm. They told me it was not an interview, but for me to receive some information.

Yesterday they asked me for the name of my bank I use, and if I have any utility builds.

It passes the day which is otherwise spent watching Filmon. I feel like I am in a real life TV sit-com.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Well, that was an interesting experience - I could not understand most of what was said due to the heavy accent.

However, it has now progressed onto a chat at 12:30pm. They told me it was not an interview, but for me to receive some information.

Yesterday they asked me for the name of my bank I use, and if I have any utility builds.

It passes the day which is otherwise spent watching Filmon. I feel like I am in a real life TV sit-com.
          You build utilities?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yet another call at 12:12 confirming the information phone call at 12:30 in 17 minutes time.

Sheesh.....Kebab. This is surreal.

They think they own my soul.

Comment

Yet another call at 12:12 confirming the information phone call at 12:30 in 17 minutes time.

Sheesh.....Kebab. This is surreal.

They think they own my soul.
              And they will have to discover they can only rent it! For an exorbitant daily rate!

Comment

What industry is this in if you don't mind me asking? It's surreal.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  What industry is this in if you don't mind me asking? It's surreal.
                  Guess it is for the role of a Milk man.

Comment

It is the financial industry.

Got the call with the person who gives me information.

He was checking I was okay with the location. It is perfect location, just 10 minutes walk from Wilmslow Towers as per all conversations and the jobserve posting.

Wrong. It is now moved to Reading, they expect the same rate.

Does bumping up the rate by around £100 a day cover travel and hotel for the Reading area would you think?

Comment

It is the financial industry.

Got the call with the person who gives me information.

He was checking I was okay with the location. It is perfect location, just 10 minutes walk from Wilmslow Towers as per all conversations and the jobserve posting.

Wrong. It is now moved to Reading, they expect the same rate.

Does bumping up the rate by around £100 a day cover travel and hotel for the Reading area would you think?
                      How far away are you and what level of accomodation do you expect? How long is the gig? These are pretty key to the rate increase.

Comment

Working...
                      X