• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do the captured in Syria sit there when being beheaded?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Said Hitler.
    Said anyone who ever chose to save their child in an emergency, rather than a stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      When in the last 70 years has the UK's freedom been threatened? Climbing over the walls of Dover were they?
      Well there was the cold-war, that lasted about 30 years.

And yet I can loose count of the wars we've been involved in with one hand.
      The UK is always at war. Have been for hundreds of years. Here's an interesting list.

Slightly off-topic. Are you still in Germany? If so what's the mood amongst the population now that the refugee numbers look likely to exceed 1M this year?

Given that it doesn't look like this carnage is going to end any year soon where do you think that the limit of the German public's tolerance is? Another few years of 1M per year or sooner?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
        Given that it doesn't look like this carnage is going to end any year soon where do you think that the limit of the German public's tolerance is?
        Greater than Frances.

HTH.

BIDI.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          What would psychocandy represent, the Welsh resistance
          You can take our lives but you can never take our "VALLLEEEEEYYYYYYSSSSS"
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            So you reckon the Taffys could take 'em then?

Home or away
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              Said anyone who ever chose to save their child in an emergency, rather than a stranger.
              I was talking objectively, is a random person in London more important than a random person in Syria?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                Well there was the cold-war, that lasted about 30 years.

The UK is always at war. Have been for hundreds of years. Here's an interesting list.

Slightly off-topic. Are you still in Germany? If so what's the mood amongst the population now that the refugee numbers look likely to exceed 1M this year?

Given that it doesn't look like this carnage is going to end any year soon where do you think that the limit of the German public's tolerance is? Another few years of 1M per year or sooner?
                Causalities of the cold war?
                Causalities of Iraq since we invaded?

The mood here in Munich has not changed. There's a story, I'll post a link when I find it, of a young Syrian family where both father and son now have jobs in a local factory. It's rather crazy the speed at which those with skills are being put into placements with a salary. The authorities are wasting no time. Cameron could learn a thing or two here.

Refugees continue to be welcomed and integrated, Germany has many jobs to fill and is filling whilst everyone else focusses on the right wing hysteria in Dresden and such places. But they're in the minority.

Finally the vetting of those coming is notably stronger. In fact I reckon it's stronger on the boarders now than it is going to the UK, despite being surrounded by water. Although not official most roads I've crossed in and out of into Austria (Skiing season has begun!!) you've got buffered border control. Those that don't qualify are flown back out within the week.

The county is being proactive rather than complaint the EU this the EU that.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                  I was talking objectively, is a random person in London more important than a random person in Syria?
                  You can't talk objectively about an inherently subjective value judgement. Important to me/us/them...

So yes. A random in London is more important to me than a random in Syria.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Isn't it?

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      You're not keen to enlist?
                      Send a droid.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X