• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there anything more daft and pointless than a secure wheel nut?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am with Clarkson on the Jaaaag thing.

Driven by golf playing bores.

They should be shot. Once we have finished shooting Audi and BMW drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

So you are only safe if you have a Merc cos you stop for people at zebra crossings?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        So you are only safe if you have a Merc cos you stop for people at zebra crossings?
        Er, no. Mercs are the ideal run over people at pedestrian crossing vehicles due to the aiming tool available at the front of the car
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Er, no. Mercs are the ideal run over people at pedestrian crossing vehicles due to the aiming tool available at the front of the car
          Not all have that now.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            The AA man used a chisel!? WTF!?

You can buy a wheel locknut removal tool for about £29 IIRC. Then you just need to buy either aftermarket locking wheel nuts or from the dealer.

Laser Locking Wheel Nut Remover
            Or for around the same price -
            Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Only the other day I saw Vauxhall, Ford, Honda, Kia and other drivers all change lanes on the motorway without giving a signal (a moving traffic offence in itself).

Almost daily, I see Ford, Nissan, Vauxhall and Citroen etc drivers (oh, dont start me on white van man and wagon drivers!) cut others up on dual carriageways and motorways.

Yes, there are some twunt BMW, Audi and MB drivers about but the plebs driving around in their plebmobiles are more numerous and every bit worse.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Get a crappy old van. Nobody going to steel my wheels.

PS If my little van should happen to read this, I am just joking, I love you.
                Xog,

is the Maestro van still on the road ? Or has it been upgraded ?

Milan.

Comment

Is there anything more daft and pointless than a secure wheel nut?

I had to get towed home after getting a flat because my then wife had removed the locking wheel nut thingy from the glove box and tucked it in a kitchen drawer "for safe-keeping".

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Huh?! Is that some kind of wheel nut thread, or are you talking about this CUK thread?
                    Shut down a day early have we?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                      Only the other day I saw Vauxhall, Ford, Honda, Kia and other drivers all change lanes on the motorway without giving a signal (a moving traffic offence in itself).
                      If all the lanes next to you are free and there is a massive distance between you and the vehicles around you then who are you signalling for?

There is a difference between this and pulling out slowly, signalling just in front of a vehicle doing 70mph so they have to brake because you can't work out the lorry/van in front of you is limited which is why the distance between you has got smaller.

Comment

Working...
                      X