• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you supporting Air strikes against "IS" in Syria ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    We let anyone and everyone into the EU, open borders, no security checks, and then can magically remove IS/ISIS from the map with a few bombs?
    I'm pretty sure they check passports when you fly into the UK from mainland Europe. Hardly an open border.

Is it the same with ferries, or is it legal to enter the UK as a EU citizen with no pasport and airports are just stricter than they "have" to be?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's the Falklands Factor, blow a few fuzzie-wuzzies up, up goes the popularity ratings due to the number of Sun readers in the UK who like this sort of thing.

Comment

I'm against it, just seems an excuse to blow some money and act the big shot.

Our intervention in the middle east has just caused more problems and now we are asked to pay more for those same forces that caused the issues in the first place.

Oh the police are now asking for more money to keep us safe from terrorists.

Quite happy for Britain to lower it's spending on the armed forces, perhaps divert some to taking care of the elderly, sick people, infrastructure and contractor incentives. Thank kind of thing.

Comment

It's more about solidarity with our allies than serving much practical use.

I suppose the one concern is what if the UK gets an attack - or spate of attacks - and we didn't stand by Franch et al. Maybe they'd offer less support to us?

That said, "what ifs" and politics on one side Vs killing civilians on the other, I'm not too keen.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            I'm against it, just seems an excuse to blow some of our money and act the big shot.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Corbyn is a pacifist and would never go to war - so he's not making any judgement call re' the justification for the intended action.

I agree that bombing alone won't resolve the problem but then it isn't being proposed as the only action.

Comment

No.

All precision ammunition should be saved for now imminent landing of Russian troops on the beaches...

Comment

A poll would be nice.

Comment

In this case it is stupid that we are bombing them in Iraq but not Syria, if we are gonna do it at all do it right and bomb both, should we be bombing either, no.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeoc1962 View Post
                      Corbyn is a pacifist and would never go to war - so he's not making any judgement call re' the justification for the intended action.

I agree that bombing alone won't resolve the problem but then it isn't being proposed as the only action.
                      I'm not sure he is a pacifist; just very reluctant to go to war unless there is no alternative and there is no other way to stop the enemy (eg WW2)
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X