• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy to let stamp duty surcharge and other related news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post

This is unless you have access to a 35% deposit which only the wealthy will have access to. Those with over 15 properties will also avoid the stamp duty increases so you can see very clearly that BTL ownership is being taken out of the hands of the aspirational middle classes.
    It's clear that none of the LibLabCon represent aspirational middle classes. Why the aspirational middle classes vote for any of them is beyond me....

Comment

Jolly good show, after all we wouldn't want the rabble to forget their place in the natural order.

That's why they vote Tory, to be sternly reminded.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
        Jolly good show, after all we wouldn't want the rabble to forget their place in the natural order.

That's why they vote Tory, to be sternly reminded.
        What's that then.

0.1% the elite
        1% the wealthy
        2-100% the scum, the fodder, the fools
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

BTL ownership is being taken out of the hands of the aspirational middle classes.
          I'm about as free-market as anyone, but I don't really have a problem with this. In recent years, everyone and their dog has aspired to dabbling in BTL, and many of those people don't have a clue about what it takes to be a landlord. Couple that with the religion of home ownership in this country and the obvious supply/demand issues, I think it's reasonable to constrain BTL for the average punter who, let's face it, is simply looking to make a quick buck or views housing as some sort of pension.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            What's that then.

0.1% the elite
            1% the wealthy
            So why do the 98% put up with it?

Apart from they being mollified with beer and football, and them being sheep....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So why do the 98% put up with it?

Apart from they being mollified with beer and football, and them being sheep....

They is fick 'innit?

Comment

The way things are going, you may get your wish.

As of Friday, Coventry Building Society are joining the ever growing list of lenders that are tightening their BTL lending policy.

Up until recently, most lenders required you to put down a 25% deposit when buying a BTL. The rent had to cover the mortgage by 125% at a nominal rate of 5%. On a loan of say £400,000, the rent had to be a minimum of £2083pcm.

Recently we have seen with many lenders that if you put down 25% deposit, the rent now needs to cover the mortgage by 125% at 5.5% - £2291pcm. This is unless you have access to a 35% deposit which only the wealthy will have access to. Those with over 15 properties will also avoid the stamp duty increases so you can see very clearly that BTL ownership is being taken out of the hands of the aspirational middle classes.
                This crazy idea of promoting sensible lending is just intolerable.

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                What's that then.

0.1% the elite
                1% the wealthy
                Everyone on CUK was just happy with that when they thought they were in the 1%. Now they realise why everyone else wasn't keen on the Tories previously.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  This crazy idea of promoting sensible lending is just intolerable.

Everyone on CUK was just happy with that when they thought they were in the 1%. Now they realise why everyone else wasn't keen on the Tories previously.
                  I thought I was in the 0.00001% Global Hyper Elite.

I'm gutted.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I thought I was in the 0.00001% Global Hyper Elite.

I'm gutted.
                    While living in Swindon?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      While living in Swindon?
                      Well yes, that did make me wonder at one point.....

Comment

Working...
                      X