• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italian coffee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Available from Green Mile Coffee Inc
    Racist !!

Comment

I was a Costa addict in the last contract. When the price went up, I bought one of those plunger cups instead, an ongoing saving of about £20/week and 320 calories per day. The coffee was actually nicer, but not as creamy.

Comment

We have the standard plastic cup coffee machine but standing next to it is a rather nice machine with coffee beans and a grinder built in and gives a lovely mug of coffee for only 80c. Apart from that there is also a couple of coffee shops in the building with the full bang wheeze farting noise machines where you can get all your favourites for about a euro, not too bad really. And a decent, IMHO, canteen...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
          I was a Costa addict in the last contract. When the price went up, I bought one of those plunger cups instead, an ongoing saving of about £20/week and 320 calories per day. The coffee was actually nicer, but not as creamy.
          I've tried a few things including getting Nero beans and using them in my coffee machine but just can't match shop bought flavour, was thinking the cardboard cup might be the mixing link so going to try that, either way I can't keep spending what I do of coffee though to be fare its my only really vice / treat.
          I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
            I've tried a few things including getting Nero beans and using them in my coffee machine but just can't match shop bought flavour, was thinking the cardboard cup might be the mixing link so going to try that, either way I can't keep spending what I do of coffee though to be fare its my only really vice / treat.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

I haven't had my morning coffee yet.
              I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

As explained to me by an Italian friend:

The espressos don't have a lot of cafeine in them. As the water is pushed through the coffee the flavour comes out in the first few seconds, the cafeine takes longer to come out. So the longer the water/steam is being pushed through the ground beans the bigger your hit of cafeine with no noticeable increase in coffee taste..

Consequently if you have a lungo you'll find it has a lot more cafeine in it than 2 espressos added together.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                  As explained to me by an Italian friend:

The espressos don't have a lot of cafeine in them. As the water is pushed through the coffee the flavour comes out in the first few seconds, the cafeine takes longer to come out. So the longer the water/steam is being pushed through the ground beans the bigger your hit of cafeine with no noticeable increase in coffee taste..

Consequently if you have a lungo you'll find it has a lot more cafeine in it than 2 espressos added together.

HTH
                  So FLC is talking out of his r*ngpiece then
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    We have the standard plastic cup coffee machine but standing next to it is a rather nice machine with coffee beans and a grinder built in and gives a lovely mug of coffee for only 80c. Apart from that there is also a couple of coffee shops in the building with the full bang wheeze farting noise machines where you can get all your favourites for about a euro, not too bad really. And a decent, IMHO, canteen...
                    I forgot, we also have the tealady come around with her trolley twice a day, morning has bread rolls and afternoon has cakes as well, while in summer the afternoon shift is the ice cream woman. A civilised workplace
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
                      Even buying the branded beans will not do much good. The shops have a huge turnover of beans for their own coffee so they are always relatively fresh. The stuff in the bags has been sitting around for weeks before you buy them so will never be as good.

Give these guys a try : https://www.pactcoffee.com/

Delivered to your door within days of roasting. Good choice of beans and roasts.

They are doing an introductory offer. 250g pack of beans for £1 including delivery if you use the code GRIND1 on checkout.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X