• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London is less safe than Europe - discuss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a clarification: I didnt start this thread and didnt give it the name. Cojak moved it from Business/Contracts, however letting other completely irrelevant threads run free because her pals were participating.

Cojak, a moderator is supposed to be unbiased.

and this is not an advice. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lola C View Post
      Just a clarification: I didnt start this thread and didnt give it the name. Cojak moved it from Business/Contracts, however letting other completely irrelevant threads run free because her pals were participating.

We don't really care. We are just counting down the hours until you banned to be honest. If Cojak is guilty of anything it's the amount of leniency she's given you but it's the same leniency she has given many people old and new. Wait until my Mod'ship has been approved!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There's a difference between 'letting other completely irrelevant threads run free because her pals were participating' and shît.

Comment

She moved it to General because you are being hysterical and scare mongering.

The actual closest time I was to being blown up wasn't in London. However I don't avoid UK towns and cities because of it.

When terrorists really want to strike fear into people they decide not to go for obvious targets, so be careful where you holiday and work in Europe.
          Last edited by SueEllen; 20 November 2015, 18:30.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I live in the murder capital of Europe.

I haven't been murdered.

Comment

We should stay calm a move your life forward, just keep your eyes open.
              Panic is what the terrorists wants you to feel.

Comment

I was working in Manchester when the IRA bombed it - not the actual Saturday tho. Also I worked right behind Strangeways when the rioting was going on, that was well eerie, police cordons everywhere and helicopters buzzing around. Think that was the first time I ever saw a helicopter.

I've been to Moscow in USSR times, Romania in Ceascescu times, and Carlisle Botchergate on Black-eye Friday with Scots people - never any bother, where producing a Scots fiver was like signing your own death warrant....

Whereas my youngest brother in Bolton only has to go down the street and he's been in three fights.....

Comment

My flat in Ealing was within the cordon when the Real IRA bombed the Carphone Warehouse, it added a bit of spice for a week or so having to explain to the coppers that we lived there so could walk through.

It was far worse during the riots, that was some scary stuff.

Comment

Thanks to IRA? Really? So how come 7/7 has happened? And all the terror plots that get discovered (the ones we are informed of, and think how many of them for obvious reasons are NOT reported to the public). London is full of people belonging to the risk groups. I am afraid when I travel on the Tube, especially in the morning rush hour (which is in itself a horrible experience).

Anyways, it's the OP's choice. I am just saying....
                    So London is dangerous because the police foil all of the bomb plots?

Comment

Ill ask the question.

Did the IRA have legitimate reason to bomb England?

Comment

Working...
                      X