• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Insurance annual mileage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You often find with insurance that very little makes a difference to the premium but gets called into question when you make a claim. For cars, declare high mileage, park on the road, use at peak times, busness use etc. and it hardly affects the premium. For house insurance don't declare alarms, door bolts, window locks. It often makes no difference to the premium but avoids difficult questions when a claim is made.

Comment

Originally posted by boulderman View Post
      I've worked in Insurance. They know your mileage from MoTs. They won't bring you up on it til you claim, then they don't pay out.
      OK, MOT in January. 20K on the clock. MOT year later 50K on the clock.

Insurance runs from June-June. Can't see how its possible to prove when the miles were done unless you really take the piss and stay with same company.

I've got one car that just goes back and forth to the train station every weekday. This year I stuck down 5000 miles and it was about £50 cheaper for insurance.

Saying that, for my other car, 20K or 30K seemed to make no difference so I'm wondering if its just discount for low miles.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X