• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maybe a BOOM after all!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
    It's the best feeling in the world when they leave it to the last minute and you say, sorry, I've got something at £50pd more. Bye.
    Even if it's the same dollars, when you say I'm off to X, the permies get all jealous whilst they stare at the abyss of same old same old...
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      And you will be glad to hear you're taxes will be safe now because I was planning to claim JSA again. :-)
      Good thing for the taxpaying public then.

However the users of the English language continue to be horrified at your mindless abuse of the written word.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Even funnier, when they then have the audacity to get upset about it
        Oh yes never ceases to amaze me why some clients think they can leave it until the day before and expect you to automatically accept.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          I'm in a remarkably similar scenario.

I think the hiring manager likes to test your caliber by delaying extension chats until the 11th hour.
          In this case, they told me 10 days ago they wouldn't be extending. Fair play they gave me 3.5 weeks notice.

I guess things change at a business level so hey ho, they know want to know if I'm interested in staying. If I'd had something else sorted (I don't) then it'd be tough luck no hard feelings.

Looks like they're going to offer me a 3 monther with a review after xmas where they've admitted they might need to cut it short but will give me 4 weeks notice. Up front and honest, can't say fairer than that. Pretty good client in my book.

I'm just happy to be over Xmas, two months work minimum it looks like. Possibly Feb/Mar is better to be on bench than Dec/Jan. Xmas is saved at least !!!!

Comment

I'll be honest, I've seen some awful rates out there as well. Struggling to get anything within £50 of what I'm getting now.

A couple close to home so willing to take the cut for that but still seems to be a lot of tulipe being floated at the moment.

Comment

In this case, they told me 10 days ago they wouldn't be extending. Fair play they gave me 3.5 weeks notice.
              Looks like they're going to offer me a 3 monther with a review after xmas where they've admitted they might need to cut it short but will give me 4 weeks notice. Up front and honest, can't say fairer than that. Pretty good client in my book.
              Sound like good clients to me, also.

I'm guessing by review, review of the project and where they are, not a personal review?
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

I guess things change at a business level so hey ho, they know want to know if I'm interested in staying. If I'd had something else sorted (I don't) then it'd be tough luck no hard feelings.

With the behaviour you've described I'd agree, relatively uncommon in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Sound like good clients to me, also.

I'm guessing by review, review of the project and where they are, not a personal review?
                    Yes, I assume review of the project. Been here over a year so they already know I'm a lazy tosser!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      With the behaviour you've described I'd agree, relatively uncommon in my experience.
                      Yes. I remember a client I worked at for over 2 years. 2 days notice they gave me. Was a bit peeved at that.

Yes they are very good to be fair. Nice permies in the office too. Despite being in England!

Comment

Working...
                      X