• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf

Does anyone here play?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
      Why?

Comment

Yes. 3 handicap. Going backwards with age

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Why?
          I love it. Absolutely love it.

There's nothing like that feeling when you've had a good round an you're strolling off the 18th on your way to the clubhouse.

It's like I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm.

Comment

Does anyone here play?

Yes. We do

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Guilty - Club captain for my sins, this year - ends in 2 weeks, yippee!
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

A while ago I booked a hotel for the night for the family. Turns out it was a golf hotel Which meant the bar and restaurant were immediately out of bounds due to the golf bores in their horrid jumpers. The only thing worse is a party of rugby players.

I sent the kids out to play in what I thought was an enclosed area. Turns out there was a way onto the golf course. The kids went and played with the golf balls that were on the green. Really upset the pathetic gits. Oh how I laughed when they moaned.

I thought CUK posters would have known better. Except for DA who is not a contractor.

At least now I have flushed out the morons so I know who to target in future.

Cheers.

Comment

I can see why people would like golf – balmy afternoons in beautiful surroundings, catching up with mates, a bit of gentle exercise followed by a swifty in the bar.

Though in my experience the weather is often pants, I’m so rubbish at golf that it is far removed from gentle exercise. By the 14th hole I am knackered, bored and wishing I was home.

There’s something about golfers that makes me feel aggressive towards them too. Not sure if it’s their clothes, their attitude, my insecurity that they can catch me out with their encyclopaedic knowledge of golf rules, jealousy that they are so much better at golf than me or jealousy that they don’t feel the guilt I do at clearing off from the family for half a day. But I cling to the belief that they go golfing because they can’t bear to be with their disgusting wives.

Golf – I get it but it’s not for me.

Comment

A while ago I booked a hotel for the night for the family. Turns out it was a golf hotel Which meant the bar and restaurant were immediately out of bounds due to the golf bores in their horrid jumpers. The only thing worse is a party of rugby players.

I sent the kids out to play in what I thought was an enclosed area. Turns out there was a way onto the golf course. The kids went and played with the golf balls that were on the green. Really upset the pathetic gits. Oh how I laughed when they moaned.I thought CUK posters would have known better. Except for DA who is not a contractor.

At least now I have flushed out the morons so I know who to target in future.

Cheers.
                    Oh, like you don't moan when somebody's unruly kids get in the way of your lane swimming

Comment

Working...
                    X