• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smeg or Bosch dishwasher ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even decent error reporting, the error code it gave me on the first run was spot on
    Bet that wasn't offshored then

I had connected up the waste pipe but not removed the bung.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Bet that wasn't offshored then

Didn't you know there's a small team of Indians hiding in the dishwasher, probably from Tech Mahindra

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Had bad experiences with Bosch laundry though
        My Bosch tumble drier is a petulant fop. It tells ME how long it intends running for, then the minute I leave it alone it usually changes its mind. Often it has told me "2.5 hours, guvnor" yet when I return 20 minutes later it has stopped.

"Why?" I implore it.

"Everything's dry, wassock" it replies, despite the contents being clearly damp.

It's infuriating. Sometimes I sit with it in the utility room, like a midwife coaxing an expectant mother through labour, repeatedly pressing "START", urging it for "One more push", encouraging it to "Bring me dry towels".

it's rubbish.
        Last edited by I just need to test it; 10 November 2015, 10:06.

Comment

We have a new kitchen coming at the end of the month and went Neff for everything except the fridge freezer. Who needs a warchest!!!!

As someone else pointed out Bosch, Neff and Siemens are part of the Bosch.
          Last edited by Scrag Meister; 10 November 2015, 10:11.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
            My Bosch tumble drier is a petulant fop. It tells ME how long it intends running for, then the minute I leave it alone it usually changes its mind. Often it has told me "2.5 hours, guvnor" yet when I return 20 minutes later it has stopped.

"Why?" I implore it.

"Everything's dry, wassock" it replies, despite the contents being clearly damp.

It's infuriating. Sometimes I sit with it in the utility room, like a midwife coaxing an expectant mother through labour, repeatedly pressing "START", urging it for "One more push", encouraging it to "Bring me dry towels".

it's rubbish.
            Faulty/dirty sensor? The likelihood of each being related to how old it is?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

"Why?" I implore it.

it's rubbish.
              My AEG did similar and in the end went and replaced with the cheapest of chips Tumble Drier I could find as an interim measure (aka keeping the missus happy) - t'was a BEKO for £150ish - wife is very impressed with its performance and I am now of the mind to buy the cheapest white goods and discard at first sign of trouble rather than shelling out for fitting:
              • new heater elements -AEG
              • rotary dial mechanical connections - Bosch (why oh why make that part out of plastic Mr Bosch?)

The only issue of course being badge snobbery prevalent within the laundry operative community

Just working out how I can transfer AEG nameplates onto a Beko
              Last edited by Troll; 10 November 2015, 15:04.
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                I am now of the mind to buy the cheapest white goods and discard at first sign of trouble
                I think this isn't a bad shout. You will likely replace it more often (though some cheapo white goods last for ages) but on the plus side you will likely benefit from improvements in efficiency, etc.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's always been like it, d000hg. We have read of other owners encountering similar problems. I have been a bit of a sucker for Bosch goods but the last two (this tumble drier and a cordless strimmer) have both really boiled my peas.

Comment

I have been a bit of a sucker for Bosch goods but the last two have both really boiled my peas.
                    But how well does it do potatoes?

Comment

Bosch dishwasher just coming up for 10 yrs old. Very reliable but does get a bit hot at the back.

Comment

Working...
                      X