• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unboomed - it happens I guess

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Could be JSA again soon?
    That and one of those daytime shows for dole scroungers...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Well it looked like it was going to run and run but all good things come to an end.

Year at current client and they've decided not to renew now due to budget reasons. Hey ho. At least they've given me three weeks notice. Not cool just before xmas of course but there we go.

That's contracting I guess. Originally it was only going to be a three month gig and, at the back of my mind, I never saw myself doing it long term. Bit of a trek every day.

Oh well, would have rather the warchest a little bigger but there we go. Wish me luck.
      Could be JSA again soon?

Or does anyone want a handjob?
      Does not compute
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

So you've had 9 months longer than you expected and they have given you three weeks notice they didn't have to and you are still miserable... Just no pleasing some people is there.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Does not compute
          Can never be too big!
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            I'll never forget the first time I heard Can't Hurry Love.

I just thought to myself, that's the best British male soul vocalist I've heard in my life, I was completely blown away.

I still hold that opinion to this day, though admitedly I was slightly swayed when I saw Simply Red tour the Stars album back in '90.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              So you've had 9 months longer than you expected and they have given you three weeks notice they didn't have to and you are still miserable... Just no pleasing some people is there.
              Nah Im not miserable. After xmas would have been better of course even if I finished at xmas.

Client is good as gold and they have told me with 3+ weeks to go so fair play to them.

I'm ambivalent about it. To be honest, every extension I think, Jeez can I get something closer to home but then I think, its a good client, go on then another 3 months. So this has forced my hand somewhat.

Probably worse thing is that mrs has started new job a few months ago which she really loves. If you remember, shes been ill for a few years. I'd managed to sort hours out with current client so she could work shifts etc.

New client may mean new hassles with childcare :-(

Comment

I thought you had something else lined up closer to home?
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
                  I just thought to myself, that's the best British male soul vocalist I've heard in my life, I was completely blown away.
                  Face Value was/is an excellent album. And PC is an awesome drummer. Ask any drummer.

Comment

New client may mean new hassles with childcare :-(
                    Which you means you will be negotiating these prior to signing, correct?
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                      I thought you had something else lined up closer to home?
                      Yes, client was interested. But it was Swansea, rate was little lower than first discussed, and not as much WFH as was originally offered (i.e. only 1 day a week). It got put on hold but I sort of told the agency nah.

But its back on jobserve today I see, so, as you can imagine, I've had a change of heart lol!

Comment

Working...
                      X