• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thinking of Getting Solar Panels?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    they aren't car batteries, different discharge curve. The lead is a different shape, the case is the same though.

If you take heating, cooling & cooking out of the equation and switch to led lighting most houses can use very little energy.

My manshack uses 63Watts of power to turn it into daylight in there.It can run with 20 watts and be quite bright. The house lighting is probably 200 watts with everything on.
    I see it's no longer possible to buy incadescent bulbs from outlets like Homebase etc.

They started off with the higher wattage bulbs e.g. not selling 100w incandescent bulbs just the energy saver version.

Seems it's gone right across the board now.

Not sure what's the greenest though - LED, eco-halogen, energy saving (the ones that take 30 seconds to light up - not keen on those at all; when I'm in a rush in the morning for a clean pair of socks out the spare room, I don't want to wait 30 seconds to see what I'm doing!)

I'm guessing the LEDs are the greenest; especially if they have the claimed lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      I'm guessing the LEDs are the greenest
      No, having no light at all is the greenest.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
        I see it's no longer possible to buy incadescent bulbs from outlets like Homebase etc.

They started off with the higher wattage bulbs e.g. not selling 100w incandescent bulbs just the energy saver version.

Seems it's gone right across the board now.

Not sure what's the greenest though - LED, eco-halogen, energy saving (the ones that take 30 seconds to light up - not keen on those at all; when I'm in a rush in the morning for a clean pair of socks out the spare room, I don't want to wait 30 seconds to see what I'm doing!)

I'm guessing the LEDs are the greenest; especially if they have the claimed lifetime.
        LEDs seem to be leading the pack, 10w led compares favorably with a 100w halogen. They don't have free mercury like CFL and the lifetime is years (I had 5w GU10s for about 3 years without failures, 2w ones before).
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

LED gun in 10 watt range... hmmmmmmm

No, NEXT!

Comment

Working...
          X