• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gigs starting in 6 weeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    If you're going to start posting every random thought and every tiny event in your life, then post it in General.
    Well for some reason a few people treat this place like it's some Faceache or Twatter clone, they have no concept that the rest of the world doesn't care much if they failed to steal another oxygen molecule. Posting in the professional sections they feel the responses to constant dribble will be more muted.
    I can see why more than a few people have stated that SY01 and Psychocandy are one and the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      If you're going to start posting every random thought and every tiny event in your life, then post it in General.
      What do you mean, if?

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Well for some reason a few people treat this place like it's some Faceache or Twatter clone, they have no concept that the rest of the world doesn't care much if they failed to steal another oxygen molecule. Posting in the professional sections they feel the responses to constant dribble will be more muted.
      No, it's worse. On those platforms you get to choose whose dribble you're interested in.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        No, it's worse. On those platforms you get to choose whose dribble you're interested in.
        Precisely, that's why people get annoyed by the behaviour and it's why I suspect a fairly large number have Wilmslow/SY01/Psychocandy on ignore. Not that I'm implying they're the same person of course, the CUK authorities would have prevented that happening!.
        The same ignore function which is effectively knobbled by the quote functionality of course.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Hmmm. Obvious thing to be concerned about is if I sign up for this, then advise current client that I dont wish to extend, its all going to go wrong if it then gets pulled before start date.

Then I'm in the piss poor situation of begging current client to please let me extend after all which would not be cool....

Same rate, MUCH closer to home. But of course the grass isn't always greener....
          Obviously don't tell your current client until much nearer the date. Don't advise them until you receive the new contract for signing.

If it falls through, the current client might still extend if they haven't already put loads of time and money into finding a replacement.

Comment

God forbid that a forum is used for discussing things. Perhaps we should just never post and just look at it sweetly.

And how many times - no-one forces you to read every post honestly...
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

There's discussing things, and posting every single thing that happens to you.

Anyway, good luck with the gig or extension, whichever you pursue.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                God forbid that a forum is used for discussing things. Perhaps we should just never post and just look at it sweetly.

And how many times - no-one forces you to read every post honestly...
                PC - Here's a hug from me

Does it feel any better now?

Comment

Working...
                X