• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day - Refreshingly honest....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Market rate for a hospital pass of a project?
    I dunno, my money is on around £250 a day but I daren't ring them because I know I'll just laugh out loud and he will realise I'm not serious about the role
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I dunno, my money is on around £250 a day but I daren't ring them because I know I'll just laugh out loud and he will realise I'm not serious about the role
      Firefighting - probably the CWS building near Victoria station that was on fire yesterday. So, FTC from Broughton Fire Brigade on Bury New Road
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        In Mancunian currency, that sounds about right.

Comment

Firefighting - probably the CWS building near Victoria station that was on fire yesterday. So, FTC from Broughton Fire Brigade on Bury New Road
          I used to work in that building....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            I used to work in that building....
            "work"?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

"work"?
              sorry attend that building on a regular ish basis and get paid....

Comment

sorry attend that building on a regular ish basis and get paid....
                Better. Remember when they had decent places for lunch round that area like the Castle & Falcon's half rice/half chips & curry and this n that curry house behind Abergeldies. RIP Ducie Bridge I hear too....

Comment

Better. Remember when they had decent places for lunch round that area like the Castle & Falcon's half rice/half chips & curry and this n that curry house behind Abergeldies. RIP Ducie Bridge I hear too....
                  Yes RIP Ducie bridge but they are building a new pub...linky

This n that still exists (I believe!) there is also one called the Yagdar (or something) not a big fan myself they seem more like a curry flavoured version of a soup kitchen!

but there are plenty of new places popping up in Northern Quarter on a regular basis..

Comment

Yes RIP Ducie bridge but they are building a new pub...linky

This n that still exists (I believe!) there is also one called the Yagdar (or something) not a big fan myself they seem more like a curry flavoured version of a soup kitchen!

but there are plenty of new places popping up in Northern Quarter on a regular basis..
                    Yeah, I've tried to steer clear of bearded hipsters serving burgers on trowels.

There used to be a few more good places near Band on the Wall and on High Street. I think the big pub there went but the cafe on the corner kept changing hands. Might have to have a wander back into the area one weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                      In Mancunian currency, that sounds about right.
                      Can't diss Manchester. It's the powerhouse of the North.

Comment

Working...
                      X