• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what have I missed in the last two weeks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, there's a little Mediterranean in all of us at heart. I also always enjoy the fresh anchova, which you simply can't get here. It doesn't travel well I'm told. Young Damien enjoyed his first taste of proper fresh seafood and was particularly taken by the polvo

Where did you go in Greece? Was it a hedonistic honeymoon or a culture attack?

The Emma Hamilton (named after Nelson's mistress) is a particularly rough pub in Wimbledon Chase. Full of people with that Sarf Lahndan "are you looking at me?" glint in their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      Ah, there's a little Mediterranean in all of us at heart. I also always enjoy the fresh anchova, which you simply can't get here. It doesn't travel well I'm told. Young Damien enjoyed his first taste of proper fresh seafood and was particularly taken by the polvo

Where did you go in Greece? Was it a hedonistic honeymoon or a culture attack?

The Emma Hamilton (named after Nelson's mistress) is a particularly rough pub in Wimbledon Chase. Full of people with that Sarf Lahndan "are you looking at me?" glint in their eyes.
      Well I satisfied the cultural attacks in Athens and for the rest the islands can offer a lot. Particularly the ones close to Turkey, less crowded and unknown to the northeners. The polvo? Octopus? Mmmmm ....
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Well Jabber was banned. I know it is difficult to believe - apparently there is some sort of petition doing the rounds to get him reinstated.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          Particularly the ones close to Turkey, less crowded and unknown to the northeners.
          Went to Kalymnos last year; stark, peaceful, and the locals were genuinely friendly and helpful. The long transfer tends to keep the laddette/chav parties away.

Would love to go back.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
            Went to Kalymnos last year; stark, peaceful, and the locals were genuinely friendly and helpful. The long transfer tends to keep the laddette/chav parties away.

Would love to go back.
            Was in Chios (not to be confused with Kos) and I have had the same feeling. Local extremely helpful, perhaps because as you said the chavs don't travel that far. Indeed, there was no sign of english people there, mostly dutch, which I am afraid they have a better reputation in Greece.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              Was in Chios (not to be confused with Kos) and I have had the same feeling. Local extremely helpful, perhaps because as you said the chavs don't travel that far. Indeed, there was no sign of english people there, mostly dutch, which I am afraid they have a better reputation in Greece.
              There were plenty of English on Kalymnos, but in family groups, not same-sex groups. I think it's the latter that have got the bad reputation.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
              X