• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poor restaurant service story

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I popped out this evening to get a bite to eat from said crappy hotel I happen to be staying at.

I choose a restaurant that had about six tables full out of about 15. It was around 8.15 and I could see at least five staff.

Firstly I walked in and wasn't greeted. I stood for a few minutes, before eventually I was clocked and got to choose a table. A bit of banter with the waitress as I sat down and I got the menu.

And that was about it. I waited. And waited. A couple of staff cleared some tables. I was texting a friend but yet still no server. I tried to get someone's eyeline. Now only three tables left. One server sat at the bar, back to me. Then another, then the next until all five were chatting away. I texted my friend that the service was tulipe.

Should I get up? I was too far away to shout and one busy table was left. Feck it, I'm not getting up.

I then googled the number of the restaurant and rang it. I'd now been sat for 15 minutes.

'Hi I'm the chap on the front table can I get a server?' She the approached the five servers who all turned looking in my direction. But still no one came. I then waved at them. No one came until one person eventually came over sheepishly. 'Did you want to order with a weak apology'

I then found that my first dish they had run out of, then the second and then two wines I ordered.

Feck it. I got up and left. A weak sorry from the greeter.

So that's a terrible I will be leaving on Tripadvisor later. Any good comments I should leave?

What's your worst restaurant service?
    There, the whole story is total Walter Mitty style fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      This is what I've posted on TripAdvisor. It's still pending, but I'm confident.
      It's pending litigation...

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        That works although another alternative would involve a well known Anglo Saxon phrase including travel

Comment

MF - it may also have been easier [on us, mainly] if you'd simply posted a copy of your fabricated Tripadvisor review, rather than telling us the tale twice.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            MF - it may also have been easier [on us, mainly] if you'd simply posted a copy of your fabricated Tripadvisor review, rather than telling us the tale twice.
            Send me your personal email ID luv. I'll send out the real story and some goodies

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Send me your personal email ID luv. I'll send out the real story and some goodies
              Piss off.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                That works although another alternative would involve a well known Anglo Saxon phrase including travel
                That was on the other meat guide I found

I won't eat at TGI any more. Used to be brilliant, fresh ingredients, dishes such as Alaskan Sea Crab on the menu. Asked if I could have my burger done medium and told, sorry but it has to be well done. It's frozen. Could have gone next door to Tesco, got one of theirs and cooked it myself if I wanted a frozen burger.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  That was on the other meat guide I found

I won't eat at TGI any more. Used to be brilliant, fresh ingredients, dishes such as Alaskan Sea Crab on the menu. Asked if I could have my burger done medium and told, sorry but it has to be well done. It's frozen. Could have gone next door to Tesco, got one of theirs and cooked it myself if I wanted a frozen burger.

I can understand your reaction to the burger, I'd have felt the same.
                  I'm no great cook, but I've made burgers from scratch it takes no time at all. My local butchers does their own and I've watched them being made up with a hand pressing thing while queueing, not rocket science.
                  TGI is a pretty soulless place though.

If I wanted a chain burger outlet I'd go to farking Burger King

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

I can understand your reaction to the burger, I'd have felt the same.
                    I'm no great cook, but I've made burgers from scratch it takes no time at all. My local butchers does their own and I've watched them being made up with a hand pressing thing while queueing, not rocket science.
                    TGI is a pretty soulless place though.

If I wanted a chain burger outlet I'd go to farking Burger King
                    If you're every in London, you'll love Mother Flipper (awesome street food place). They're based at Brockley Market at the weekends but are part of the KERB group of street food stalls too. You actually see your burger start as a lump of fresh chuck steak and is shaped into a patty on the grill. Make sure you take a piece or two of the kitchen roll that they provide.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Pizza Express Hastings

I was with my youngest in Hastings in the summer, looking for somewhere to eat. Spotted a Pizza Express, started salivating at the thought of an American Hot with extra jalapenos.

Walked in the front door, saw the restaurant was about a third full. Asked for a table for 2, was told they couldn't serve me as they only had one chef.

Didn't give me the choice of waiting a bit longer for my food, just refused to let me in.

Told the guy what I thought and went to a lovely fish & chip restaurant instead.

Hastings is a tulip-hole by the way. Couldn't wait to leave.

Comment

Working...
                      X