• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory welfare cuts will destroy benefit of new living wage, research shows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Makes your wife appreciate and look forward to Mon-Fri mail delivery routine
    As if YOU have any idea what women appreciate. You've never had a girlfriend whose surname wasn't jpeg!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      Nice. Modern kids need more child abuse eh? You sound like a nasty piece of work.
      Only an utter dullard could extrapolate that conclusion from what was written. You seldom disappoint. Well done peabrain!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Well he doesn't realise you can use your intelligence and discipline kids without lifting a finger from when they are small.

There you go ahead jumping to those bizarre conclusions. Leave the vodka alone, it is clearly befuddling your tiny brain!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          There you go ahead jumping to those bizarre conclusions. Leave the vodka alone, it is clearly befuddling your tiny brain!
          You are the one who posted smacking kids is an ideal way of getting them to behave.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You are the one who posted smacking kids is an ideal way of getting them to behave.
            I posted a synopsis of what was considered reasonable behaviour in the 60s and 70s. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would be able to conclude that the article simply meant that the option of occasional smacking was not something that was completely ruled out.
            As that went over your head it seems safe to conclude that you don't in fact have access to an ounce of intelligence.
            No surprise really, there is a welter of information scattered across the forum that further attests to this. The final kicker was when you had AtW rallying around your flag along with various other numpties. A real confederacy of dunces if ever there was one.

Comment

I posted a synopsis of what was considered reasonable behaviour in the 60s and 70s. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would be able to conclude that the article simply meant that the option of occasional smacking was not something that was completely ruled out.
              As that went over your head it seems safe to conclude that you don't in fact have access to an ounce of intelligence.
              No surprise really, there is a welter of information scattered across the forum that further attests to this. The final kicker was when you had AtW rallying around your flag along with various other numpties. A real confederacy of dunces if ever there was one.

Child abuse of a sexual nature was acceptable in the 60's and 70's. If a children complained about it they were often told to stop lying.

Women (and a minority of men) being battered by their partners was acceptable in the 60's and 70's. If they complained about it they were ignored or laughed at.

Point I'm making is somethings that were acceptable then are now unacceptable. Smacking is one of them.

Oh and the reason kids don't play out in my area is that they would get run over. In an area which us richer than mine and another that is poorer, kids can play out and do because there is less chance of them getting run over. In those areas people don't end up getting a new cat because the last one got splattered....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Point I'm making is somethings that were acceptable then are now unacceptable. Smacking is one of them.
                Not strictly true, but hey.
                Why let facts get in the way of your rant?

Comment

Personally I think the French are much better at parenting than the British

The parenting gap: why French mothers prefer to use the firm smack of authority | Life and style | The Guardian
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Not strictly true, but hey.
                    Why let facts get in the way of your rant?
                    Smacking is child abuse, whether it's socially acceptable or not. If it would be abusive to do it to an adult, then it's abusive to do it to a child.

The only way I could think that hitting a child would be ok is if that child assaulted me first (an older child - perhaps a teenager). But if you don't raise your children to think that it's ok to use violence to make your point then that will never be an issue.

Comment

Smacking is child abuse, whether it's socially acceptable or not.

In YOUR opinion which is, thankfully, pretty worthless.

If it would be abusive to do it to an adult, then it's abusive to do it to a child.
                      What utter nonsense. When raising children properly you have a parental duty to ensure that they are made fully aware of just what constitutes acceptable boundaries. Whilst doing this it is foolish to rule out any mechanism that may help you to enshrine these facts in their growing minds. Even if that includes a minimal level of smacking in isolated cases.
                      You might learn to appreciate that if you ever stop playing with yourself long enough to actually attempt raising some children.

The only way I could think
                      Yes, let's explore that possibility, however remote and fanciful it may seem.

Comment

Working...
                      X