• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Error by Agency (advice please)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not saying that. I understand that the agency get x amount per day per person depending on job. my point is...please read original post that the agency made an error with my contract. I even highlighted this to them at tart of contract. They decided to ignore this issue so I agrreed to xxx daily rate and pro rata overtime. Most of my overtime is caused by travelling to and from site.

Comment

"Most of my overtime is caused by travelling to and from site."

Please tell me, you are not expecting to get paid for traveling to site!!!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by welshboyyo
        Most of my overtime is caused by travelling to and from site.

You are joking, aren't you?

Assuming you mean from your home office to the client's site, I don't think you will get any sympathy from either client or agent for treating that as overtime. If your travelling time is excessive, you should really have factored that into your rate negotiations.

Comment

Give up, chaps, there is no right answer to this one. And people wonder why I left home...

Welshboyo - are you sure you're in the right job?

Hwyl mawr, bach.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

As always, Mal, you are correct on this one.

Comment

Im not saying that. I understand that the agency get x amount per day per person depending on job. my point is...please read original post that the agency made an error with my contract. I even highlighted this to them at tart of contract. They decided to ignore this issue so I agrreed to xxx daily rate and pro rata overtime. Most of my overtime is caused by travelling to and from site.
              I did read your post.

You said that you objected *in principle* to the idea of not being paid for your overtime. It was this point that I was replying to.

You didn't say that you thought that as the agency had made a mistake with the contract that they should stick by it. (You are right, legally they should, but as this will cause them to run your contract at a loss they will have little choice but to give you notice if you won't accept a change, is this a 'win' for you?)

tim

Comment

Most of my overtime is caused by travelling to and from site.
                You're new at this game aren't you. You aren't entitled to anything for travelling to your home site (as named in your contract). It's a pain in the arse sometimes, especially when your home site is 70 miles away, as mine currently is. It's part of contracting, so please don't embarrass yourself by taking this any further.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                X