• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An end to property?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is why most governments avoid directly running the printing presses themselves - it's too easy to trace the blame.

Comment

So what's the conclusion here?

Marry? Snog? Avoid?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        So what's the conclusion here?

Marry? Snog? Avoid?

Given the bearish market and stagnation that is about to come, I simply can't see more foreigners pushing up London prices way further - another 10-15% over some years is still likely due to migration alone, so that might be good enough for the lucky few able to buy with a larger deposit.
        For me a combination of a smaller deposit and the resulting higher rates and upcoming punitive taxation on LTV means I'm out again

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
          Given the bearish market and stagnation that is about to come, I simply can't see more foreigners pushing up London prices way further - another 10-15% over some years is still likely due to migration alone, so that might be good enough for the lucky few able to buy with a larger deposit.
          For me a combination of a smaller deposit and the resulting higher rates and upcoming punitive taxation on LTV means I'm out again
          I don't understand, are you saying you won't buy a house to live in because of these factors or you've been put off buying a BTL?

If it's the former and you seriously expect a downward movement on prices in your preferred area then it makes sense to wait, but the taxation comment doesn't compute in that case.

If it's BTL and you've only got a small deposit and were planning to leverage heavily, then yes it makes sense to think again as it's clearly something being targeted and high LTV may well be unwise.

Comment

Working...
          X